• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

wilcthree

Reaction score
Trying to get some insight on the SM cotton dress pants, such as these:

I'm wondering how they wear. I'm looking for an alternative to wool odd trousers to pair with sportcoats. Do they hold a crease? How do they work with cuffs? Sizing, drape, silhouette, etc.? Any info would be helpful from those who own these trousers. Appreciate it.

Last edited:

Konnor

Reaction score
I think the biggest thing I like on Neo is slightly longer length and slightly larger lapels. Everything else is secondary.
I was replying to the Riva guy. He was saying that people post fit pics in neos on here, and they don’t look good. I’d be fine having a neo w/o 3r2. The burgundy check that I’ve posted is basically that.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was replying to the Riva guy. He was saying that people post fit pics in neos on here, and they don’t look good. I’d be fine having a neo w/o 3r2. The burgundy check that I’ve posted is basically that.
Oh I know the intent behind the post, was just speaking for myself.

Isn't neo a 3r2.5 and not a true 3r2?

That jacket looks great as hell, I'm tempted to buy it. How does it pair with trousers that are: cream, khaki, navy? What about dark jeans?

Shandoeluna

Reaction score
I have more green jackets than any other colors. If it's dark enough it's ok for a funeral. How often do you go to a funeral anyway?

Yea 3r2 is the stupidest thing ever introduced to a jacket. Either make it a real 3 button or 2. If you want added sprezz do it through other ways.
I only been to one funeral and 3 weddings so far.

I didn't get a chance to go to Suit Supply yesterday, but I am planning on going today soon. They close at 6

Konnor

Reaction score
Oh I know the intent behind the post, was just speaking for myself.

Isn't neo a 3r2.5 and not a true 3r2?

That jacket looks great as hell, I'm tempted to buy it. How does it pair with trousers that are: cream, khaki, navy? What about dark jeans?
I’ve only worn it with grey so far. I’d like to try it with the cream linen sondrio.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember this was mentioned previously, but the green seersucker: tight jacket waist, tight trouser waist, very roomy seat, thigh and legs? Is that right?

cr2596

Reaction score
I remember this was mentioned previously, but the green seersucker: tight jacket waist, tight trouser waist, very roomy seat, thigh and legs? Is that right?
Yes to all, other than the trousers waist. I can’t speak to that, as I sized up with the intention of bringing in the waist. I have this suit on now. Get it.

emailstuartm

Reaction score
in relation to the post about the code not applying I had emailed CS in regards to a sport coat where the coupon didn’t apply but wasn’t in the exclusions. Their response was that they would send it to the developer but I could purchase and email them and they would refund the difference.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes to all, other than the trousers waist. I can’t speak to that, as I sized up with the intention of bringing in the waist. I have this suit on now. Get it.
Thanks. I size up on the waist to get more room in the seat and thighs. Maybe this time I can go down a size.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.