• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
I think I bought it within a few minutes of it appearing on the website lol. I'd love to see more DB's

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NO. Please do NOT shorten the short lengths. They are ideal as is.

If I wanted to wear ridiculously short jackets that don't even cover my ass I'd go buy from stupid Suit Supply lol
That's for you who is part of a tie wearing minority given Susu's sales vs everyone else. Susu's S is considerably shorter than their R. So even by shortening 3/4 of an inch SM would still longer than Susu.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same here. Do up a DB on that same 4x2 triple patch pattern on natural linen, or, better yet, on the beige ("light brown") Sondrio cotton-linen. Instacop or me next year.
+1 but with the currrent low button positioning they look British oldschool and you can't shorten a DB without messing up the proportions.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some more casual outerwear like overshirts and safari/field jackets in heavier wools. Preferably tweeds.

Definitely looking forward to the shawl collar cardigans as well. Would be cool to see some shetland crewnecks at some point too.
My personal preference is that I am against heavy wool safari jackets. I feel like the jackets itself should be reserved for breathable fabric like linen. To me it's the same as asking for a linen double-breasted coat.

XxLogo

Reaction score
Here are the warm grey trousers and golden beige corduroys. The dress slacks in 28 slim fit me amazing off the rack imo, just need to get hemmed.
As for the corduroys, they seem to also fit great everywhere, but the waist is basically on the border. It says it can be let out on size chart, but I see no extra fabric, is this an error on website??
I also got chino’s in 28 slim and 28 extra slim. The slim’s hem opening was way to wide for me. Both seemed to need a bit extra in thigh for a chino for my taste and when sitting felt like I was gonna tear the seam. Going to size up to 30 extra slim and try that, will keep posted

Attachments

Spyder187

Reaction score
I got to say now that I know my size in Spier, I'm so tempted to get rid of all my older sport coats and just go with them. I was looking at how each of my older sport coats fit and just getting stressed out that they don't fit as well as Spier.

They are a nice smaller business and great people. I am still waiting for a refund from a parcel they received back last Wednesday but I'll give them two weeks maybe to work through their backlog.

I was interested in making the MTO fresco Minnis navy blue sport coat. Anyone have this hardy material in a coat? Is it good for daily use? I have the pants which feel rough and heavy and slightly too tight (main issue when I bend my knees down so I try not to do that but thought I could create a suit by getting the top made.

This is all too addictive though once you have your size dialed in.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is all too addictive though once you have your size dialed in.

All the feels.

Spring/summer Spier collection. And I still have tobacco fresco on the way :rolleyes: Somehow I haven’t caved on the 25% off even though I want that olive linen.

AD46B7C1-0F55-41F4-A07C-8E161B82BC2E.jpeg

XxLogo

Reaction score
Sorry, but buying in off season lol, advice on sweater fit? Seems to fit me in sleeve length and shoulder, but seems to be longer than a typical sweater should be. Think sizing down to an XS would leave shoulders too narrow and sleeve length a tad short. Only a t shirt underneath in this photo. Opinions?

Attachments

XxLogo

Reaction score
@XxLogo . Assuming you will be wearing a dress shirt under that sweater, it fits in my eyes. You want room to layer
That was my thought as well. I do like a little more room in my sweaters. For instance I am a 36” chest and got the small. Most of my other sweaters are small’s as well. Spier’s seems longer than a couple of mine from other brands, however, but oh well. I think folding it up would be fine. Thanks for input my friend!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.