• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

hpreston

Reaction score

Have been having this collar ripple issue with nearly every one of my SM shirts. Doesn't happen on any other brand for me. Anyone having a similar issue?
This shirt looks very tight on you. Can you easily button it and still fit a finger between your neck and the band?
Agreed, it does look like it could be a bit on the small side.

How does it look with the top button buttoned?

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Choc, how does the shoulder feel? Don’t own a cotton SC yet, so wondering if it feels a little more stiff than in a wool SC
Linen will always drape better and be lighter, to me anyways..this does not feel as stiff as a lined wool SC.. but the drape is not perfect and I would reach for my linens before this option.. but its still somewhat light for the hotter weather..our summers are as bad as Arizona's or Vegas in the summer.. so this works.. hope this helps Betel!

Bidouleroux

Reaction score
I’m sure this has been discussed but hoping for a quick check. These are separates that can be made into a full suit correct?

Trouser:

Jacket:
I too would like to get confirmation on that.
I'm not @spiermackay but with a little bit of investigating you can reverse engineer the product codes pretty easily:
  • Trousers: 2472C-122/2-F2H1-HR-SS20
  • Coat: 2472C-122/2-4522-SS20

Fabric code: 2472C-122/2
Style codes: F2H1-HR (single reverse pleat high-rise) and 4522 (Neapolitan cut)
Season: SS20

So I'd say there's 99.9% chance these were meant to go together.

aj805

Reaction score
I'm not @spiermackay but with a little bit of investigating you can reverse engineer the product codes pretty easily:
  • Trousers: 2472C-122/2-F2H1-HR-SS20
  • Coat: 2472C-122/2-4522-SS20

Fabric code: 2472C-122/2
Style codes: F2H1-HR (single reverse pleat high-rise) and 4522 (Neapolitan cut)
Season: SS20

So I'd say there's 99.9% chance these were meant to go together.
Yes-- I got these items myself as a suit, they're of the same fabric.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.