• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Betelgeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

It's time to join the fun on this thread. Some of you may know me from Instagram.
I'm based in the EU and have quite a substantial Spier & Mackay wardrobe, possibly the largest in the EU?...who knows.

Here's yesterday's look featuring the brown Sondrio linen glen check -

View attachment 1400931
Nice to see you here mate!

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

It's time to join the fun on this thread. Some of you may know me from Instagram.
I'm based in the EU and have quite a substantial Spier & Mackay wardrobe, possibly the largest in the EU?...who knows.

View attachment 1400931
Welcome!

thisfits

Reaction score
Hello all,

View attachment 1400931
Jacket looks amazing. Ordered the same during the last 25% off sale and got an out-of-stock notification this week. 😢

Lightweight OCBD looking good, too.

dapperclassic

Reaction score
Jacket looks amazing. Ordered the same during the last 25% off sale and got an out-of-stock notification this week. 😢

Lightweight OCBD looking good, too.
Thank you! I also got an OOS and was absolutely gutted that I'd not got it sooner as this was top of my list this season, however, they managed to find me one a couple of days afterwards, possibly a return.

What size do you take?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

View attachment 1400931
welcome to the thread!

norMD

Reaction score
Hello all,

View attachment 1400931
That is a bold statement. ;) happy to see that you put your wardrobe to good use!

thedose

Reaction score
Hello all,

View attachment 1400931
There he is!

chatelet

Reaction score
How much can y'all reasonably take in the waist on SM trousers before it becomes tailoring malpractice?
I take in about 2 inches and it’s fine, but I my tailor does more than just cut the back seam. He pretty much reconstructs then waist. Comes out very well (though it had better for $70).

Last edited:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I take in about 2 inches and it’s fine, but I my tailor does more than just cut the back seam. He pretty much reconstructs then waist. Comes out very well (though it had better for $70).
I'm awaiting a word back from CS, but tempted to gamble, though I'll keep the object of my affections under wraps. Saving grace is I wear braces on an almost daily basis (non-Corona times), which would lessen the impact of slightly baggy pantaloons.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I jumped on the Fox Bros Brown flannel Neo SC, which I missed out on last year only to have it pop up again after the recent inventory. I can wait for the cold weather, but am looking forward to wearing this piece.

And as I was waiting on my email confirmation, SM's email about the suit sale this weekend hit my mailbox! Shoot me now!!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.