• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The collar looks a bit too large. You could try XS, but it might be tight in the shoulders. 2020 polos are cut in contemporary fit, as opposed to slim fit in previous seasons.
Kinda. Comparing 15.5C to M, chest/waist/shoulder is 44/40/18.5 vs 42.9/40.5/18.1
Slim is roughly 1.5" narrower across the board.
So, slim shoulders and chest, contemp waist...or it's a 15C with even more waist.

XxLogo

Reaction score
The collar looks a bit too large. You could try XS, but it might be tight in the shoulders. 2020 polos are cut in contemporary fit, as opposed to slim fit in previous seasons.
I think it is just the fact it is unbuttoned and they are button down collars. When I button the polo all the way up, there is basically only enough room for two fingers to get in and that's it. That is how it should be right?

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it is just the fact it is unbuttoned and they are button down collars. When I button the polo all the way up, there is basically only enough room for two fingers to get in and that's it. That is how it should be right?
Could be just a photo angle. Two fingers is just fine for a casual shirt. If it looks good to you, do not worry.

nnnnick

Reaction score
It’s weird that the factory hasn’t been creasing them but it’s not a big deal to just quickly do. I spent 5 mins doing the seersucker since they are cotton and needed a press anyway.

If anyone wants a really detailed ironing tutorial for pleated trousers, I came across this one the other day.

I like cotton or linen trousers uncreased before altering as altering may shift the crease from center and you will have to make a new one but with visible traces of old crease. Also as my right leg a little bit "twisted" so the default center crease falls not at the center of the right shoe but a little to the right.

XxLogo

Reaction score
Could be just a photo angle. Two fingers is just fine for a casual shirt. If it looks good to you, do not worry.
After deciding all day, I think I am going to exchange them for an XS with the normal shirt collar if they allow. Top button is always unbuttoned on my polo's anyways

jrdngr

Reaction score
After deciding all day, I think I am going to exchange them for an XS with the normal shirt collar if they allow. Top button is always unbuttoned on my polo's anyways
Keep in mind they shrink in length too after washing a couple times.

XxLogo

Reaction score
Keep in mind they shrink in length too after washing a couple times.
Yea, may have to deal with that, but cotton normally shrinks in length and not in width and I can pinch a bit over 2" in the sides currently. Worst case scenario they'll be a hand wash every few wears which shouldn't shrink them much.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay will there ever be a more narrow spread OCBD option? More details here for measurements, it's a J. Press collar

Spex

Reaction score
Interested in picking up some green cotton trousers. Current options include 100% cotton dress trousers, stretch cotton, washed cotton and chinos. If anyone has an opinion, I’d love to hear it. Something that could work with a sport coat is a plus.

Leaning towards the washed cotton, esp. if matching sportcoats are on their way, although the site pics seem to look somewhat brown in tone.

Sreezy36

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the “Guabello” Hopsack? Any feedback in regards to Quality and durability?

momone

Reaction score
For those wondering, here is a flat comparison of the old/new contemp high rise cut
Quite a big difference on the legs, seat and waist look around the same.Size is 35 here
If it can help I can also take pics when worn before sending it back

IMG_20200603_111421.jpg

IMG_20200603_111442.jpg

@spiermackay : if I want to find a similar fit as the old contemp high rise, do I need to go slim or downsize ?
I was spot perfect on waist and seat, and could have used just a tad more space on legs but was overall ok

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.