• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

XxLogo

Reaction score
I just placed an order, but the polo shirts seem nice. What colours would everyone recommend? Already have some Banana Republic ones in a grey heather, navy, burgundy, and light blue.

jrdngr

Reaction score
I just placed an order, but the polo shirts seem nice. What colours would everyone recommend? Already have some Banana Republic ones in a grey heather, navy, burgundy, and light blue.
I grabbed navy and white as standards, but I'm getting a lot of use out of the sage green.

XxLogo

Reaction score
I grabbed navy and white as standards, but I'm getting a lot of use out of the sage green.
Do you know if the length of the back is measure from top of collar or bottom of collar? Trying to decide between small or x-small

1st Step

Reaction score
Thanks. Just set up UPS MyChoice in case Spier's email shipping notifications still aren't working right. Last thing I need is to not be around when it is delivered, have it stolen, and later see some toothless crank addicted jackass wearing my nice new linen double breasted jacket over his affliction tshirt :crackup:
Where The Hell Do You Live? They Should Be In Quarantine! :lol:

jrdngr

Reaction score
Do you know if the length of the back is measure from top of collar or bottom of collar? Trying to decide between small or x-small
Bottom of collar.
My size small unwashed navy is just under 27” from bottom of collar to bottom of shirt (website says 26.6”)
My twice washed white is now 25.5...so keep that in mind.

I’m at 36 jacket, 15 collar in extra slim dress shirt which is a form fit for me and I went with small for the polo. I tried the Xs and it was pretty tight. After wash it wouldn’t have worked. I’m 6’ tall and the untucked length of the S just barely works for me still.

XxLogo

Reaction score
Bottom of collar.
My size small unwashed navy is just under 27” from bottom of collar to bottom of shirt (website says 26.6”)
My twice washed white is now 25.5...so keep that in mind.

I’m at 36 jacket, 15 collar in extra slim dress shirt which is a form fit for me and I went with small for the polo. I tried the Xs and it was pretty tight. After wash it wouldn’t have worked. I’m 6’ tall and the untucked length of the S just barely works for me still.
Okay cool, I am 5’10 and normally the 14.5x33 Slim shirt (could easily fit the extra slim, but choose not to). Was concerned about the sleeve length and overall length when measuring it to my BR slim luxury polo’s. I’ll probably get a small then if they shrink that much even air drying lol

MisterrLovely

Reaction score
Convinced myself I needed a DB camel coat so I gave in.:bigstar:
I've been trying to convince myself that I need a navy double breasted jacket, but two sport jacket purchases from this season already have made me re-thinking that. 🤔

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to convince myself that I need a navy double breasted jacket, but two sport jacket purchases from this season already have made me re-thinking that. 🤔
But the coat will be for next season 🤪

jpaubry

Reaction score
Not this season. Production got all messed. Trying to get the regular linen in, but not even sure we can get those at the moment.
Hello, any word on if the linen trousers will eventually make it in? I purchased the olive sport coat (which arrived yesterday!) with the intent of wearing it as a suit, but am concerned the return/exchange window may close before I know if the matching pants are on the horizon. Not looking for any ETA at all, just if the production got messed up such that I should make my decision based on the sport coat alone. Thanks, and the jacket looks great!

sdjackofclubs

Reaction score

Olive linen arrived yesterday. Love the fit! Though, I'm built like a T-Rex (big head and little arms) so naturally I have to shorten the sleeves when my tailor opens up again. Speaking of which, I've got this on with the Medium Grey Fresco trousers, and last spring's medium blue bengal button down. I had the pants tailored just before the COVID lockdown, and as usual she left them too long. Looks like I'll be bringing these back to the tailor too. @spiermackay REALLY love the jacket!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.