• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First wash of my Spier polo I recieved a few days ago... never worn.
Washed warm, put it in the tumble drier because i did not mind of it shrank a bit.

Result: did not shrink, but color ran.
What happened? First time this ever happened to me :(
Happy it arrived on a low budget item, but I still don't understand what happened? Been washing polos for years and first time this happens.
It does say dry flat, but common this is a cotton polo, not some custom fragile garment ...View attachment 1367751
Did you put the detergent directly onto the clothes? Sometimes excessive detergent can get trapped inside a garment and not spread out and dilute evenly which can cause this.

Also, wash cold in the future. If you want something to shrink, hand wash/soak with warm/hot water instead of the machine.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First wash of my Spier polo I recieved a few days ago... never worn.
Washed warm, put it in the tumble drier because i did not mind of it shrank a bit.

Result: did not shrink, but color ran.
What happened? First time this ever happened to me :(
Happy it arrived on a low budget item, but I still don't understand what happened? Been washing polos for years and first time this happens.
It does say dry flat, but common this is a cotton polo, not some custom fragile garment ...View attachment 1367751
I'm amazed it didn't shrink. But that's the thing I found about brown dye for some reason. I got something similar to my chinos of some seasons ago. but to less extent.

zewill

Reaction score
It was my own machine, quite a high quality one, front loading with a special place to put detergent, so it was not put directly on clothes.

I'm amazed it didn't shrink. But that's the thing I found about brown dye for some reason. I got something similar to my chinos of some seasons ago. but to less extent.
0 shrinkage. Still fits perfectly (fits larger than smaller with is fine). M would have been too tight in last year fits. Had the chance to try a M in this fit, liked the fit but it was short on me so I think if I pull the trigger on polos, will go for a L (to be secure also if Shrinkage appears gradually, even though now will be washing cold) :p
Thanks for your input. Brown seems a more sensitive hope my post can be a reminder to be more careful, it has worked on me:)

AmicusCuriae

Reaction score
With the release of this year’s lightweight oxfords, I figured I throw on mine from last year for some context for the group. Note, this is a contemporary and I’ve lost some weight. Wearing a 16.5/36 at 5’11” 180 lbs. At my current weight, slim would probably be a better fit.

This looks fantastic. Trying to dial in my fit - any sleeve shrinkage on the lightweight oxfords in your experience?

coachcaseyd

Reaction score
This looks fantastic. Trying to dial in my fit - any sleeve shrinkage on the lightweight oxfords in your experience?
I personally haven’t noticed any in the sleeves. This shirt has had 2 cold washes/hang dry. My tailor says I’m really a 35.5 so I order 36’s and if anything they shrink to the right length. Sorry maybe not the most helpful!

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay can you please share some high res pics of the Drago wool/linen solid brown cloth which is available for mtm?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No. The tension in the stitch is too tight. Just spoke to my tailor. 5 minute fix. But can't be done with steam.
I have this problem as well - what is the exact fix that myself (or a competent tailor) would need to do?

Kurps

Reaction score
Are sport shirts different in length than the dress shirts or something? Designed to be better worn untucked?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.