• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For an MTO Neo sport coat, which is better, surgeon cuffs or faux cuffs?

I have only one other SC with functioning cuffs, but I find I keep them buttoned, and never unbutton them and roll up the sleeves, if that is supposed to be the point. If you keep the functioning cuffs buttoned, does anyone really even notice that they are functioning ?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have only one other SC with functioning cuffs, but I find I keep them buttoned, and never unbutton them and roll up the sleeves, if that is supposed to be the point. If you keep the functioning cuffs buttoned, does anyone really even notice that they are functioning ?
They totally won't, though mine I leave the bottom button undone. People will argue against them for RTW, but MTO I don't think that'd matter unless your arms shrink

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Another factor is that if you ever decide to sell it down the road (get sick of it, weight changes, etc.) may be easier to move with faux cuffs.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been answered, but the new lightweight oxford shirts do not have a box pleat correct?

Pepetito

Reaction score
Chiming in time say the fabric on this seasons polos is superior to prior seasons. Great job

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been answered, but the new lightweight oxford shirts do not have a box pleat correct?
No box pleat. Correct. Clean back.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay Will cotton or cotton/linen trousers come to MTO (apart from moleskin/cord)?
Not sure at the moment. Sondrio doesn't have a stock program. So we have to buy up full rolls to make that happen. Other merchants have similar fabrics, but because they need to be purchased by the cut, it gets very expensive.

chiggyv

Reaction score
@spiermackay I'm assuming you're online only at this point? No curbside pickups by appointment as you were doing previously or is that ongoing?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay I'm assuming you're online only at this point? No curbside pickups by appointment as you were doing previously or is that ongoing?
No. Shops are closed to the public for the time being. Online is allowed to operate as it is fulfillment.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.