• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chances you guys would provide basic tailoring on items before shipping out? All local tailors around me are shut down, doesn't make sense for me to buy anything at the moment. Talking simple hemming, waist take-ins etc etc @spiermackay
If the tailors in your city are shut down, presumably everything else is. Where are you planning on wearing your newly tailored garments?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Chances you guys would provide basic tailoring on items before shipping out? All local tailors around me are shut down, doesn't make sense for me to buy anything at the moment. Talking simple hemming, waist take-ins etc etc @spiermackay
Our shops are closed too for the time being. Our tailors are at home.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve had all three. The lightweights are nice but the material is pretty thin and feels like it won’t last long. But they are comfortable.

The regular ones are fantastic.They may run a little warmer but keep a press.

the old brushed ones feel like cardboard. And they shrunk. Wasn’t happy with those.
For me the biggest thing is the texture and breathability, whichever one still feels like an oxford and won't turn me into a puddle of sweat, I run hot.

Sounds like I should go for the regular oxford?
The old brushed ones were my favourite
Nice and thick
Built like a tank
They do shrink though
Definitely a beast of a shirt. They wear in quite nicely.
How do you know whether brushed or regular ? Obviously lightweight is designated as such.
I don't think they offer brushed oxfords anymore. IIRC, they were labelled as brushed before.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Many many places deemed essential and are still open.
But how many with a dress code?

I’m essential - and working in tactical pants , windbreaker and uniform polo seven days a week.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.