• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

mak1277

Reaction score
Thats a great point. I used to own so many iron free shirts. I got used to wearing shirts being so easy... Wear, throw in washing machine, then hang dry, and voila ready to wear (or at least enough to add a sportscoat and hide wrinkles until they disappeared on their own )
Problem is, they are I'll fitting being cut for older men ( even my seidensticker shirts at 90euros each).
So I bought suitsupply shirts, great but buy after the first wash, oh boy.. forgot all ironing skills so ended up going back to my older shirts (that to be honest held up so well, until a few started rippng at elbows.. I did wear them 8+years - I do have a lot to rotate through tho).
Then I discovered Spier Mackay and love their shirts too but indeed it's the same problem, a lot of Ironing is needed ...
this is an amateur (but genuine question
Brooks bothers Milano non iron does well for me. I don’t find the feel of cotton to be so inferior to non-treated fabric. I think they have come a long way. I am also a fan of cotton/tencel or cotton/modal mix. But no poly for me. They are hot the moment I put it on. Poly anything makes me sweat. The whole thing about sweat wicking thing only applies to me if I’m wearing that garment to play 18 rounds of golf in 90+ deg weather. YMMV
BB and Charles Thyrwit both make acceptable to me non-iron shirts in slim fits.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The XL is 29” from BOC.
Thanks. That is exactly what the SS20 Fit chart predicts for an XL. (last year the XL was 29.5 long, but pretty tight through the chest).

Someone a few days ago had reported the shirts as delivered were shorter than the new fit chart predicted, by an inch or more. Glad to see that was not your experience.

29" should be just long enough for me to tuck in, but there's only one way to find out.
Order one and try it. Now is a good time to try one.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BB and Charles Thyrwit both make acceptable to me non-iron shirts in slim fits.
The BB slim (milano, I think) is usually a bit big on me. I ordered a Soho to try them out for sizing. Haven't had a tyrwhitt shirt in a while will have to look at them too. Twillory non-iron are great but again the slim is too wide at the waist for me.

gianm

Reaction score
What trousers are remaining for SS20? Trying to decide what I want to grab.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Wilson13

Reaction score

dauster

Reaction score
I have been very impressed by the customer service from spier mackay but my return package has been delivered since March 16th and it still has not been shipped to the warehouse where it needs to be so that I can get my money back. Why can't I just get my refund the day it has been delivered and arrived? This seems awfully long especially if I just want to return something...

MisterrLovely

Reaction score

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been very impressed by the customer service from spier mackay but my return package has been delivered since March 16th and it still has not been shipped to the warehouse where it needs to be so that I can get my money back. Why can't I just get my refund the day it has been delivered and arrived? This seems awfully long especially if I just want to return something...
Perhaps it has to be inspected.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Further data point on polos. These are unwashed comments.
-Length: I sized down to small from medium, so I lost 0.8" length there. The chart says 27.2" - mine are about 26.8". Could be called within spec. Still 2" shorter than last year's since I sized down for equivalent fit, but they'll just work.
-Body: sizing down gives me pretty similar fit through the body.
-Sleeves: sizing down makes the sleeves narrower than last season's, even with my arms. Had perfect gap last year with medium, now they're skin tight. If you're going to loosen the body, might as well loosen the arms too for us that liked last year's fit.
-Packaging: the new plastic zipper bags are kinda cool. The old sticky flap ones worked fine though.
-The golden color is great!

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,

6 new Drago Fabrics went up for MTO. Only 20 jackets in each cloth. Really excellent fabrics for Spring/Summer.

View attachment 1363434View attachment 1363435View attachment 1363436View attachment 1363437View attachment 1363438View attachment 1363440
Rick is your MTO contractor up and running? What is a realistic expectation for receipt of an MTO jacket right now?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Rick is your MTO contractor up and running? What is a realistic expectation for receipt of an MTO jacket right now?
Yes. They are based in China. They are back to about 80% full strength. Most of that was just in the last week though. We still projeckt MTO/MTM orders to be in the 6-8 week range from here forward.

tripreed

Reaction score
I feel like they've mentioned before about unscrupulous people who will buy something, wear it, and then return it. I would hope that that is a rare circumstance, but it does seem like a reason to necessitate inspecting the item first.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.