• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OrdinarilyDapper

Reaction score
Fits well. I don't necessarily agree that he needs a short, but the fit looks good.
If he goes for 40R the extra inch and half length on body will dwarf him imo. Definitely doesn't need in sleeves either. Problem is he wears pants with low rise so working on that next :)

MrAmbrose

Reaction score

OrdinarilyDapper

Reaction score
Not to be rude, but why is it you guys think the 40R??? Proportionally it fully covers his seat and actually hangs past it half inch or more. The measurement of the jacket length is same exact length as the distance from jacket to ground. Think the extra inch and a half would look much too long as he is only 5'8. And this would be two full inches past his seat and much longer than lower half. Also the extra inch of sleeves would have to be taken up also. Curious as to what you guys are seeing that I'm not here. Thanks!

A 40 Regular would look better on him. That is too short.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Guabello wheat hopsack and I noticed that the chest collapses underneath the breast pocket. None of my other S&M jackets in the same size/cut do this. It does seem a bit larger. Maybe there’s too much room in the chest?
Yeah take it in a pinch.
it’s a beautiful jacket btw !
I have one like that on the way!

MellonC

Reaction score
Not to be rude, but why is it you guys think the 40R??? Proportionally it fully covers his seat and actually hangs past it half inch or more. The measurement of the jacket length is same exact length as the distance from jacket to ground. Think the extra inch and a half would look much too long as he is only 5'8. And this would be two full inches past his seat and much longer than lower half. Also the extra inch of sleeves would have to be taken up also. Curious as to what you guys are seeing that I'm not here. Thanks!
Agreed. Even if it doesn't cover his butt entirely, the proportions look good the way it is. I'd say 40S.

norMD

Reaction score
@spiermackay
Do you have more left of the copper linen/silk?
If not, would be possible to have a herringbone copper/Brown linen/silk for MTO?

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
It looks good to me, just tell your bro to upgrade to some high rise pants and he is good. Being the same height, I tried the 38R Slim and 38R contemporary and returned both because they were too long. Waiting on a 38S Slim and 38S contemporary now

OrdinarilyDapper

Reaction score
I thought so too. I had him remove the basting at vents and it fully covers seat and proportionally looks perfect to me. I think maybe it's because he has longer arms for his height and build coupled with the low rise trousers that kind of hang off seat (we both have no butt lol) maybe makes it appear short to some???

Agreed. Even if it doesn't cover his butt entirely, the proportions look good the way it is. I'd say 40S.

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
Jacket should end at about the knuckles. In my humble opinion. Having said that I understand the style these days is shorter jackets.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get 40R. The button stance will look better, particularly if he is adamant about the lower rise pants. If his ass is covered with the 40S, it is only just. 40R will look less GQ, but it will be more timeless. Certainly will not dwarf him.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.