• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CMAc7

Reaction score
Rick,

I was looking at some of the MTM fabrics from a few months ago. I am looking to have a mid-blue summer suit made up like the shade below:

tumblr_oa5x7xLQRl1qa2j8co1_500.jpg

How close to this shade is the below in real life? Do you have any of this left?

Medium Blue Sharkskin - 10005 169/5
Super 110's - 265 gsm

kopo

Reaction score
@spiermackay Is there anyway to take advantage of the Warehouse sale online or by phone?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay Is there anyway to take advantage of the Warehouse sale online or by phone?

Not really unfortunately. A lot of the merchandise is not online. It's a cash and carry deal as well. We can't put resources to picking/packing orders for this.

The only reason we put the email blast out to everyone is that we have a lot of customers who are not from the Toronto area who are constantly passing through. Gives them an opportunity if they are in the area.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Rick,

I was looking at some of the MTM fabrics from a few months ago. I am looking to have a mid-blue summer suit made up like the shade below:

tumblr_oa5x7xLQRl1qa2j8co1_500.jpg

How close to this shade is the below in real life? Do you have any of this left?

Medium Blue Sharkskin - 10005 169/5
Super 110's - 265 gsm

That Mashburn suit is fantastic. The colour on my monitor is pretty close to reality. It's not as bright as the Mashburn, but it certainly is brighter and lighter than a navy.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I saw you mention things coming in 48, will that include 48L by chance?

no L on this round. We are just introducing the 48 in limited stock to see how the overall fit works. After we get that feedback, we'll roll out L sizes.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here are 5 fabrics of the 24 new suits for fall.

From left to right: Indigo puppytooth, charcoal gray overcheck, azure blue POW, denim blue speckled (not showing up properly in the image, but has flecks of red in it), charcoal gray speckled solid (tweed look, but not as heavy)

zinc2162

Reaction score
Here are 5 fabrics of the 24 new suits for fall.

From left to right: Indigo puppytooth, charcoal gray overcheck, azure blue POW, denim blue speckled (not showing up properly in the image, but has flecks of red in it), charcoal gray speckled solid (tweed look, but not as heavy)

Some excellent choices

Spex

Reaction score
Any tweedy grey sport coats coming up in that F/W sport coat line-up?

jamie411

Reaction score
Nice looking options!

Would still love to see you offer swatches or a fabric book for your OTR fabrics. It would be awesome to see the fabric in person and handle it.

Otte

Reaction score
Rick, are there any more "restocks" to these warehouse sale or is everything out in shelves today already?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any tweedy grey sport coats coming up in that F/W sport coat line-up?

There is a wool/cashmere herringbone in a lighter gray that has a "tweed" look, but is not tweed. That is the closest I know at the moment.

Nice looking options!

Would still love to see you offer swatches or a fabric book for your OTR fabrics. It would be awesome to see the fabric in person and handle it.

Good idea. We've looked into that but nothing concrete at the moment. You can request swatches, if we have stock in the warehouse and we can spare a cutting, we can send it. Sometimes we have a metre lying around that we can cut from. Sometimes we have a 10" x 10" cutting, which we can't.

Rick, are there any more "restocks" to these warehouse sale or is everything out in shelves today already?

Not really. Just doing some spring cleaning of samples, seconds, overstocks and odds/ends. Pretty much everything is out.

Otte

Reaction score
Not really. Just doing some spring cleaning of samples, seconds, overstocks and odds/ends. Pretty much everything is out.

There are some really beautiful sporstcoats in odd sizes with interesting features. I would recommend anyone to visit and try your luck. Makes me wish I was more of an average sized man.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any particular fabrics you guys are looking for in Spring/Summer suiting or jackets? Fabics and/or colours/patterns?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads