• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the light-grey or mid-grey VBC Fresco in contemp 32 doesn't work out for anyone, let me know and I'll gladly take it off your hands!

carlyle

Reaction score
@spiermackay the new white and mauve black label shirts no longer specifically say that they have shell buttons - have these been transitioned to plastic?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay the new white and mauve black label shirts no longer specifically say that they have shell buttons - have these been transitioned to plastic?
black label is always shell.

Last edited:

zewill

Reaction score
So here is my feedback on my recent order :
Finally got my package from puro (thanks for nothing puro)
Got a Zanieri finale sale coat black and white houndstooth. Definitely a quality piece, didn't think I could pull it off (it does say "for the sartorially enthusiast :D" but it looks great in person so I'll pull it off anyways.
On sizing, I am a 38L at spier and while length is fine (a tad Short on sleeves but go be expected) I would not recommend people to size down or take same size. I should've gone for 40. Shoulders are great, waist and chest is snug but still ok, sleeves are very tight.
A great piece for the final sale price.

I got a few shirts too. Love the extra slim fit but whats up with the collar? It pops out high over of my suit jacket, even out of the Zanieri coat.. is the collar stance super high up? And the sleeves and cuffs.. my god. I'm slender, quite thin wrists and limited biceps, in can barely button the cuffs (buttons are also quite small and thick which doesn't help). I think Spier needs to give a little more room in there (were talking a few mm). Probably can't close cuffs if I'm wearing a watch.
Apart from those comments, great value out of my order, Spier is definitely top brand for me right now, and I might keep that whole order without shipping anything back this time :)
Thanks @spiermackay !

chatelet

Reaction score
I'm slender, quite thin wrists and limited biceps, in can barely button the cuffs
I used to think the same until I started buying longer sleeves (so they wouldn’t creep up when I moved). Now I appreciate the tightness. I accept it might be a little too tight on you - our wrists are probably different sizes. Just adding another data point.

@spiermackay Are casual shirts (eg oxford) slimmer than dress shirts? Or have they just shrunk more as I’ve owned them?

tripreed

Reaction score
Love the extra slim fit but whats up with the collar? It pops out high over of my suit jacket, even out of the Zanieri coat.. is the collar stance super high up?
The collar should probably settle down after you wash it once or twice. I had the same issue, and have read that others here did also. Mine are fine now.

zewill

Reaction score
A lot of sportsjacket I see do not have the 38L option. The Long sizing starts at 40 which I find wierd, because already at 38L you have to be 6ft1 (or have a very long torso) (my size is 6ft2 and I believe i'm in between L and R). 40 42 and 44L must be quite rare combinations, but at least they have it available. Why is 38L left out? (again, some sportscoat have that option so i'm a bit confused!)

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the navy VBC flannel (I'm wearing it right now too)

callmematthew

Reaction score
While we're sharing about our recent purchases, I want to applaud the Angelico shepherd's check jacket. I bought it on the sale on sale. Soft fabric with good drape, light enough to handle fall and spring duty, and lends itself well to blue or gray pants.

kerouacbum

Reaction score
Did you already get the first shirt previously, before the rest?
I already got my first shirt from boxing day MTM like maybe 3 weeks ago. I was hoping the rest comes in a week now.
No, none.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.