• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

LMendo

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm considering a sportcoat in the neapolitan cut, but I'm unsure about sizing. Im thinking about the 38L contemporary fit but I fear that it might be too roomy.

I'm 189cm/6'2ft tall, my chest measures 92cm/36.2in and my waist measures 84 cm/33in, 73cm/23.7in inseam. Basically tall and slim. I know that it is difficult to give good advice from measurements only, but does anyone have a recommendation?

Sadly I don't have a jacket that fits well enough to make a comparison.

Also, is the "jacket length" product measurement on the website from top of collar?

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm considering a sportcoat in the neapolitan cut, but I'm unsure about sizing. Im thinking about the 38L contemporary fit but I fear that it might be too roomy.

I'm 189cm/6'2ft tall, my chest measures 92cm/36.2in and my waist measures 84 cm/33in, 73cm/23.7in inseam. Basically tall and slim. I know that it is difficult to give good advice from measurements only, but does anyone have a recommendation?

Also, is the "jacket length" product measurement on the website from top of collar?
My guess is you'd be a 36L in contemporary, which doesn't exist OTR.

Jacket length is from the bottom/base of collar to the hem.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I too am back at square 1. This used to be a 36R, tailor had to let out the armholes and the back. Length is 28.25"

Shoulders are 18", Chest 38" for body measurements. What size would I be now? What length? I want to go MTO but not sure anymore, especially because the entire back and sides look horrible.

Anything I can ask my tailor to fix for the current jacket's back?

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm can't decide if I should get this Navy Neo Hopsack or wait for the Guabello one..

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 1up

EddieK

Reaction score
I bought a navy S and M overcoat. I just noticed this wearing it today. Is this normal?

Attachments

LMendo

Reaction score
My guess is you'd be a 36L in contemporary, which doesn't exist OTR.

Jacket length is from the bottom/base of collar to the hem.
Thank you for the quick reply, I was thinking similarly. Do you think the lack of length could be compensated by going for a 38 in slim fit while still being slim enough? Also, do you know how much the sleeves can be let out generally? Although I'll probably need to hope that 36L will be available in the future.

I'm sorry for bombarding you with all these questions.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the quick reply, I was thinking similarly. Do you think the lack of length could be compensated by going for a 38 in slim fit while still being slim enough? Also, do you know how much the sleeves can be let out generally? Although I'll probably need to hope that 36L will be available in the future.

I'm sorry for bombarding you with all these questions.
I'm not sure, it depends on your torso proportions. It could be possible, but likely not.

I'm not sure on the sleeves either. Looking at the inside, I see an inch between the end of the lining and the hem of the sleeve.

No worries, I'm back in the same boat :cheers:

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a navy S and M overcoat. I just noticed this wearing it today. Is this normal?
Looks like a pair of scissors could trim that up. It happens with most price points of RTW.

Reactions: 1up

LMendo

Reaction score
I'm not sure, it depends on your torso proportions. It could be possible, but likely not.

I'm not sure on the sleeves either. Looking at the inside, I see an inch between the end of the lining and the hem of the sleeve.

No worries, I'm back in the same boat :cheers:
Hmm I see. I'm not sure that it would be enough to let out then, my gibbon arms don't make it easy for me lol.
Cheers mate :cheers:

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does the Neo cut have a lower button stance than the regular cuts?

nietorpyehw

Reaction score
You're allowed to inquire about an order's status. But the guy who first inquired was being a jackass. Re-read that post. Come on guys, give your heads a shake. You could ask a question without being rude. Taking a few days to ship isn't the end of the world.

caschta

Reaction score

I'm a little smaller than you (186cm), but comparably slim. (95 breast but 79cm waist)

I got the 38L contemporary and it takes some time to get used to. My wardrobe mostly is 38L from suitsupply, and they are more tailored and slimmer, maybe that's a better call for your taste fit wise.
I personally do like the slightly extended shoulder, lower buttoning stance and those gorgeous lapels more than a snugger fit. Bad thing is, I need to change my trousers to be a little wider so that it doesnt look off.

I think if you have taken in the waist on a 38L contemporary a tiny bit you will be happy

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a sale code that’s active at the moment, or planned soon? Can’t seem to get back on the newsletters..

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.