• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really looking forward to the upcoming Neo Navy Hopsack. Hoping it won't be launched at the website when it's night time in Europe. I need one badly.

Last edited:

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m not sure I understand the difference between the cotton dress trousers and cotton casual trousers. Even the shades of green look similar.

Is the difference in fit or fabric?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'd just like to see regular jeans, something Rick hinted about quite a while ago. Any update @spiermackay ?
The factory was to prepare the 2nd round of samples after Chinese New Year. But they haven't resumed yet. First round was pretty close, it was just the washes that needed to be done.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I’m not sure I understand the difference between the cotton dress trousers and cotton casual trousers. Even the shades of green look similar.

Is the difference in fit or fabric?
Fabric is different. Fit is different. Overall look is different. The chinos are very casual in all respects. The cotton dress trousers are more polished.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In what way?
/still confused 🤷‍♂️
I think Rick mentioned in a previous post that the fabrics on the new ones are lighter weight and not as soft as the casual chinos. Makes me wonder if the new cotton trousers will hold a crease, like a proper dress pant? that would be a good thing.

As for fit, he did say they were different, how I'm not sure, but I usually tune out when the topic of trouser fit comes up because I've found, for my purposes, the fit differences are always de minimis within my normal size.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
cut like a dress trouser I assume, imagine your dress trouser just replace wool with cotton

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
though cotton trouser typically don't hold crease as well as wool (of course everything weight/weave depedent)

djdanniedee

Reaction score
Any chance we can get details?

Type of denim, selvedge? high/mid/low rise? taper? button fly? zipper? hidden rivets? all washed or will there be raw?

The factory was to prepare the 2nd round of samples after Chinese New Year. But they haven't resumed yet. First round was pretty close, it was just the washes that needed to be done.

SpencerCowan

Reaction score
Fabric is different. Fit is different. Overall look is different. The chinos are very casual in all respects. The cotton dress trousers are more polished.
Very excited about this new offering. But I want to make sure I get the right size and anticipate? avoid? shrinkage.

Do you recommend I order up a waist size (under the assumption that the pants might shrink in the wash)?

And should I wash a few times before taking to the tailor to sew a hem?

Just want to make sure I get the right size before I pull the trigger. Thanks!

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Very excited about this new offering. But I want to make sure I get the right size and anticipate? avoid? shrinkage.

Do you recommend I order up a waist size (under the assumption that the pants might shrink in the wash)?

And should I wash a few times before taking to the tailor to sew a hem?

Just want to make sure I get the right size before I pull the trigger. Thanks!
Cold wash, air dry, minimal shrinkage. Get your normal size.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any chance we can get details?

Type of denim, selvedge? high/mid/low rise? taper? button fly? zipper? hidden rivets? all washed or will there be raw?
Simple AF. Cut to the same rise as our normal trousers to start. More taper than the trousers obviously. Zip fly. 4 washes. No Raw, but rinsed for the first lot. $58 USD

That's the idea. Once we get feedback on fit, we can move to more premium denim.

Torzano

Reaction score
Simple AF. Cut to the same rise as our normal trousers to start. More taper than the trousers obviously. Zip fly. 4 washes. No Raw, but rinsed for the first lot. $58 USD

That's the idea. Once we get feedback on fit, we can move to more premium denim.
Stretch or 100 percent cotton?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.