• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too low. It makes you look more hunched over than normal. There is a middle ground that would be much nicer for you.
I've warmed up to how it looks.

It looks more casual and relaxed to me. If the lapel was a bit more narrow at that height it'd be perfect IMO.

greenhouse

Reaction score
@spiermackay mentioned somewhere that you could make a note that you wanted the low gorge with your order. It just not on the site yet but could be done. Maybe I am wrong though.

Not to throw salt in the wound if you can't yet, but I did have this pic to post today...

View attachment 1336751
Those trousers are awesome, and they are perfect for the sportcoat. I may need to steal your combo.

A.D.

Reaction score
I've warmed up to how it looks.

It looks more casual and relaxed to me. If the lapel was a bit more narrow at that height it'd be perfect IMO.
Even though it's a very nice jacket in its current shape, rather than the width I would like to see the lapel meet the collar at a steeper angle. I understand if it would be too much work to change the pattern, but if something like THIS could be arranged, I'd be very interested in trying it.

@spiermackay

SJR3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too low. It makes you look more hunched over than normal. There is a middle ground that would be much nicer for you.
Was going to make the same comment. I'm glad you did, however, since your opinion carries more clout around here than mine.

SJR3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even though it's a very nice jacket in its current shape, rather than the width I would like to see the lapel meet the collar at a steeper angle. I understand if it would be too much work to change the pattern, but if something like THIS could be arranged, I'd be very interested in trying it.

@spiermackay
Those notches look very dated to me. The angle and shape. Especially when combined with a low gorge, it gives off a very 80s/90s vibe.

I like Spier's sportcoat notches. Good size and angles.

A.D.

Reaction score
Those notches look very dated to me. The angle and shape. Especially when combined with a low gorge, it gives off a very 80s/90s vibe.

I like Spier's sportcoat notches. Good size and angles.
Maybe it does, I just find it more aesthetically pleasing on a low gorge, personally. Just to be clear I don't call for Spier & Mackay to replace the existing pattern, just wondering if it could be altered on request.

inTROYspection

Reaction score
How do you feel regarding the Abraham moon herringbone? I got a 38L, but it fits so much looser than other sports jackets I received. I'm annoyed because turns out length is good ( so I'm returning 38 in Zanieri brick red despite fit being good except length) but armholes on brown Abraham moon are just so big and sleeves look so wide too... Is it because it follows an English cut? Didn't think fit between sports jacket would be so different despite staying same size 38 and same cut (contemporary)
This year's brown Moon herringbone is certainly roomier than other jackets.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I’m aware it’s going to be MTO but it’s currently not available as an option. I’m curious about when.
Hopefully by late Spring/early summer. You can write it in as a request in the notes at the moment.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@spiermackay
MTM

zewill

Reaction score
This year's brown Moon herringbone is certainly roomier than other jackets.
Sure feels that way when I put it on.. makes online purchasing very tricky! @spiermackay is there an explanation to this like "cut to a different style" or something else? If that info can be know in advance ( eg true to size, sizes big, etc) it would make ordering much easier :) not trying to complain, just some advice that would lead to lower returns probably and more Informed purchasing!
Maybe it's just tolerance were larger and you didn't know about it, or its supposed to be seeing the fabric, and im a noob for not noticing before purchasing:)

norMD

Reaction score
@spiermackay

You have told us there is a green seersucker suit inbound. Any other cotton suit (separates)? If so which color?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.