• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I'm largely indifferent about belly as long as it's subtle and the lapels otherwise have a nice shape/size. Not quite sure what you mean by 3D effect. Maybe you're referring to how the lapels roll near the buttoning point?
Yeah apparently lapel roll and how much it rolls was what I was referring to. Here is an example

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chill, boys. Rick said that the container is on the way but there's still a lot of moving parts to deal with.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Soon. Just order the suit you want now and the jacket later. The value is over $100 so the shipping will be free on both

3demon

Reaction score
@spiermackay
The new travel suits are essentially a lightweight fresco weave. It's a high twist yarn. They are very resistant. The Minnis fresco is much heavier and because of that weight is a bit more resilient, but the travel suits still fair very well.
Sounds like they'd be great for summer and the heat, as well as durability while travelling (less wrinkles etc with the high twist yarn).
What would be the advantages/disadvantages of going with the Tropical Wool instead? (https://www.spierandmackay.com/blue-tropical.html)
Trying to decide between the two blues.

M0thBall

Reaction score
Anybody notice the new cotton casual trousers (khakis in 4 new colors) are tighter in the seat and crotch than prior versions? I typically get 32 Contemporary, and the fit seems very different. Uncomfortably so.
What colour?

These are sized the same as the lightweight chinos. They are larger in the seat/thigh than FW18 by nearly 1".
Bit of input: despite what the size charts say (this season's chinos 1" larger all around), one more data point confirming this season's batch of Contemporary chinos is indeed tighter in the seat than the FW19 chinos.

Not exactly groundbreaking, but if there's a takeaway here it's that a healthy dose of skepticism doesn't hurt with the size charts. In the past, I've even had pants of the same season/with the same item number fit differently.

Don't get me wrong, love me some Spier & Mackay, but can't wait until these finer details are ironed out. Then it will be a truly reliable one-stop shop. At the moment, a handful of variables at play that for me make returns more common than not. All praise to PayPal return shipping reimbursements.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the pockets on SM suits functional? Can't tell you how much I appreciate and use functional pockets.

The new suits are all listed as having unpadded shoulders. Is that accurate or a typo? I thought the normal suits (vs blazer suits) had slight padding or has that changed?
Looks like they've been updated and now say lightly padded

All praise to PayPal return shipping reimbursements.
Wait, what? How do I not know about this?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Bit of input: despite what the size charts say (this season's chinos 1" larger all around), one more data point confirming this season's batch of Contemporary chinos is indeed tighter in the seat than the FW19 chinos.

Not exactly groundbreaking, but if there's a takeaway here it's that a healthy dose of skepticism doesn't hurt with the size charts. In the past, I've even had pants of the same season/with the same item number fit differently.

Don't get me wrong, love me some Spier & Mackay, but can't wait until these finer details are ironed out. Then it will be a truly reliable one-stop shop. At the moment, a handful of variables at play that for me make returns more common than not. All praise to PayPal return shipping reimbursements.
Again I'm asking what colour. It could be a colour carried over?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 75 17.0%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 146 33.0%
  • 8”

Votes: 130 29.4%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%