• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To clarify, is that Indigo Blue Texture suit from the new (Zegna JV) factory? I assume not.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Will do. Our suits were already pretty great. This will take them to the next level.

We may eventually try something similar to how we handle MTM shirting. We've heard too many horror stories of online MTM where folks don't accurately take body measurements and the suit ends up useless. We would adopt more of a try and adjust model, where you would order an OTR suit and advise of the necessary adjustments. This way you will have a good idea of what to expect. No ridiculously ill fitting surprises.

At the moment, we are running it this way via email and PM. Keeping it small to iron out any bugs.

We do still have some fabrics in stock. The stock has already been moved and ready to go. By next week we will add the Huddersfield line up to this.

More details of the SF MTM deal for those of us that have been absent.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need pics of these high waisted trews with side adjusters. I'd love to make something up in a premium fabric like that Guabello guncheck I was eyeing, and I'm sure a few new books have arrived.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Those trousers are great. Can you PM me order details so I can request them for my suit?

I'm a huge fan of patch pockets, but I gotta admit, patch pockets on a DB suit is a little bit off in my eyes. The fabric isn't particularly casual, and DB suits always strike me as a bit more formal than SB, so the patch pockets are a little incongruous to me.

Also, it looks like you might need some sleeve rotation on the right sleeve.

What was the process of your order (in person measurements, trial jacket, etc)?

Thanks Clags.

Looking forward to the Huddersfield collection. Any interesting navy fabric for a jacket?

They are carrying Fresco II I think. I know I'm planning on getting a navy jacket in fresco (despite the very good argument against fresco as an odd jacket fabric). Something darker than 0520. Believe it or not, for all the blue jackets I have, I don't have a single one in proper navy. That'll be my third commission though. I got the tobacco suit when it was on sale for a ridiculously low price, and the fit was decent. One of the shoulders needed to be adjusted (for a drop and then the general angle of the sleevehead), the waist taken in and the hips taken out a little bit. Waiting on a camel flannel jacket now to see how well they manage to improve the fit based on pictures. After that, I'm ordering a gray PoW suit, also from the bargain fabrics. If they nail the fit, then I'll be ordering the fresco.

Last edited:

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those trousers are great. Can you PM me order details so I can request them for my suit?

Add me to that list. And if you want can you post measurements. Just want to get an idea of thigh, rise and leg opening. Is it a 33? Button through coin pocket is a slick detail

CMAc7

Reaction score

I'm a huge fan of patch pockets, but I gotta admit, patch pockets on a DB suit is a little bit off in my eyes. The fabric isn't particularly casual, and DB suits always strike me as a bit more formal than SB, so the patch pockets are a little incongruous to me.

Also, it looks like you might need some sleeve rotation on the right sleeve.

What was the process of your order (in person measurements, trial jacket, etc)?

No problem at all. I will shoot you and CanadaCal my email I sent to them for the order. I provided them a stock picture from the Suitsupply site of the trousers to mimic too.

I see what you mean on the right sleeve. I might try to get a small adjustment from my tailor here. Also, this was my first double breasted suit so I went a little out there with the styling. Once I see the new fabric releases for this program, I will probably commission another double breasted suit, but this time go with the more traditional jetted pockets and non-bellied lapels.

The order process was pretty easy for me, but I imagine it was kind of tricky for them. Since this MTM program works off of the Model 2 block, I just emailed them actual jacket and trouser measurements from a Model 2 suit of theirs that I own that I had tailored to fit me pretty close to perfect. The tricky part for them I imagine was converting the garment measurements from a single breasted Model 2 suit into whatever they needed to be for the double breasted equivalent.

All in all, I am happy with the outcome. The pricing is unbeatable for what they are doing.

CMAc7

Reaction score
Add me to that list. And if you want can you post measurements. Just want to get an idea of thigh, rise and leg opening. Is it a 33? Button through coin pocket is a slick detail

Will do.

Measurements on the trousers when laid flat on the table are as follows:

Waist- 14.5"
Hip- 18.5"
Rise- 12.25"
Inseam- 27"
Hem Opening- 7.5"

Just be sure to tell them to base the trousers off of the Contemporary Fit, not the Slim Fit. The Contemporary Fit has the higher rise and more roomy thigh/hip.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No problem. Sorry for the delay. First the suit:

Next the odd trousers:

Added bonus, the shirt is the Spier & MacKay mid-blue Chambray.

I really like the trousers and the fabric here. However, I must add that I'm not a fan of rounded/open quarters on a DB jacket. Was this a personal request? Also, much like Claghorn, I prefer flap pockets on a DB, but I can understand one could want to casualize things by using patch pockets.

I'm also curious - how was this made? MTO, MTM in person or by e-mail?

Thanks!

Last edited:

CMAc7

Reaction score
I really like the trousers and the fabric here. However, I must add that I'm not a fan of rounded/open quarters on a DB jacket. Was this a personal request? Also, much like Claghorn, I prefer flap pockets on a DB, but I can understand one could want to casualize things by using patch pockets.

I'm also curious - how was this made? MTO, MTM in person or by e-mail?

Thanks!

I thought someone might ask about the rounder quarters.
smile.gif

It wasn't requested, but I considered it a happy accident. When Rick got it in from the factory, he sent me an email with pictures explaining what had happened. He said that the factory interpreted an "Italian Style Double Breasted Suit" to include the rounded quarters, but Rick was just trying to emphasize the softness of the shoulder to them. He offered me a remake if I wanted it, but combined with the rounded patch pockets and the bellied lapels, I thought it was kinda cool. Definitely unique.

This was all done by emailing them measurements of my best fitting jacket and trousers, then explaining what adjustments I wanted. I also provided some pictures of suits that I wanted them to mimic in the email. They then made the necessary adjustments to their size US 36 Model 2 suit block. Rick could say if there is a better or more accurate way to go about it, but I am very happy with the way things turned out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads