• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It won't affect USA shipments, we ship through a third party carrier that uses USPS. For Canada, we are looking at Fedex Ground, UPS and Purolator to pick up the slack short term.

If you havn't already also drop Canpar a line, great service in Canada, less costly than some of the bigs and you actually have a sales rep you can call.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If you havn't already also drop Canpar a line, great service in Canada, less costly than some of the bigs and you actually have a sales rep you can call.

Canpar is a good option, but they have high fees for residential delivery. They are fantastic for B2B though. But it probably doesn't hurt to talk to them now, they might adjust those fees considering the situation. Good way for them to grab some extra, be it temp, business.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are less than UPS for our account and handle packages better/more careful IMO. But I don't do residential.

winghus

Reaction score
Heads up for linen people. I just got my pale pink linen shirt in and it's very transparent, so keep that in mind if it matters to you. I probably won't ever wear mine. The indigo linen and white linen/cotton are great though.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got the pale pink linen. I think it's about as transparent as my other 100% linen shirts from S&M. Par for most linen if not better IMO. Also at last, the pink linen has a absolutely boss collar roll. I'm convinced that my white and blue linens are pretty much defective in comparison. I also picked up the linen/cottons in solid white and solid blue. It's my first time with linen/cotton fabric. I've heard good things about it, but I'm skeptical at the moment. It has the weight of cotton which I don't like and the scratchiness and imperfect texture of linen which I don't like. It's like the worst of both worlds. If the texture is going to be all slubby, I'd prefer it to be extremely light weight. I could be wrong about these shirts. I'll have to give them a few wears and see. The wide spread collar is dope. I've been meaning to wear one without a tie so people can get a feel for it. Maybe on Wednesday.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I just got the pale pink linen. I think it's about as transparent as my other 100% linen shirts from S&M. Par for most linen if not better IMO. Also at last, the pink linen has a absolutely boss collar roll. I'm convinced that my white and blue linens are pretty much defective in comparison. I also picked up the linen/cottons in solid white and solid blue. It's my first time with linen/cotton fabric. I've heard good things about it, but I'm skeptical at the moment. It has the weight of cotton which I don't like and the scratchiness and imperfect texture of linen which I don't like. It's like the worst of both worlds. If the texture is going to be all slubby, I'd prefer it to be extremely light weight. I could be wrong about these shirts. I'll have to give them a few wears and see. The wide spread collar is dope. I've been meaning to wear one without a tie so people can get a feel for it. Maybe on Wednesday.

The pink linen is from the same Mill and Linen group as the previous linen, so the properties are the same. Weight, weave, etc. Lighter shades of linen are always going to be more on the transparent side, especially when the weave is loose.

So strange about the collar. I still have to get those ironing pics up. But the collars are constructed the exact same way. Same interlining, same tailors, same sewing techniques.

Cotton Linen is a funny animal. The density of the cotton, will give it a more compact feel, but to get the linen to be smooth you need an extremely fine Li count. 80's or higher usually. But the trade off, it will have a silky feel but will be virtually see through.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score

I'm excited for the unfused full spread collar of the cotton/linens. I got the white, light blue, and striped shirts. The worst of both worlds comment is pretty funny. But I've never experienced cotton/linen I would describe that way. I'll have to wait and see.

anzar

Reaction score
Checked on site, classic fit shirts for $29 and fabric is 100% Egyptian Cotton. I must say for this kind of fabric price encourages you to buy.

winghus

Reaction score
I thought I wouldn't like the spread on the cotton/linens but looking at it unbuttoned, I love it. I haven't tried it with a tie and may not ever wear it that way so it might not suit my face. As far as the pink linen being typical to other S&M linens, it might be, but it's a good deal more transparent than my other brand linen shirts, I can read print through it.

Spex

Reaction score
Wasn't there a navy hopsack wool jacket in the works? I was going to sell my dark blue S&M patch pocket jacket to possibly fund that item. ETA and specs?

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm wearing the linen/cotton wide spread with a tie today.
fing02[1].gif
It looks really great with a tie under a jacket as well. I also like it unbuttoned with no jacket, but it may be an extreme look for some. Pics later.

CMAc7

Reaction score
Are the summer bengals going up this weekend too?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads