1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. jeam3130

jeam3130 Well-Known Member

can anyone comment on how long it usually takes S&M to restock pants? ive been eyeing a number of the wool trousers, but so many are out of stock in my size and i have no idea how long they take to restock if ever

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  2. colHolm

colHolm Senior member

Only the core stuff gets restocked, as far as I know. I'm in the same boat unfortunately.

3. 02///M3

02///M3 Senior member

I have the same exact problem with collar gap on the suits I ordered. It's a shame because they're otherwise great for the money.

4. sans1886

sans1886 Member

That makes me feel somewhat better. I have been worried that my posture looks like a turtle craning his neck.

5. skon83

skon83 New Member

Hi Guys, I'm a long time lurker on the site and somewhat new to this thread. I'm considering my first order from SM. I'm looking at a few custom shirts and also a sportcoat. Does anyone have a real life picture of the Blue gun check and/or brown gun check sportcoats? Thanks much.

6. colHolm

colHolm Senior member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. skon83

skon83 New Member

Thanks for the quick reply. How versatile do you find the jacket? Are you limited to brown tone pants?

8. colHolm

colHolm Senior member

Disclaimer, I don't own the jacket (yet), but I'd say it's pretty versatile. Light and medium grey pants would be great. Oatmeal and wheat colours too. It even looked decent with the navy houndstooth pants I had on when I tried it.

9. spiermackay

spiermackay Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Let me check with my tailors on this. I know it's usually caused by your shoulders being back a bit and/or your shoulders being slightly wide. It's a rare issue with our OTR, but if there is a subtle correction we can do to ease that without affecting the overall fit, it's always something worth exploring.

10. MattGuitar

MattGuitar Member

I have been a lurker here for a while. I got my Spier & Mackay sports coat yesterday, and I had to take a picture of the fit OTR. The sleeves are a bit long, so I wore a shirt with longer sleeves to match. I love the feel and fit otherwise. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. Spex

Spex Senior member

I would probably not wear it with brown pants of the same tone as any of the browns in that jacket. Too much chance for it coming off as a pseudo-suit. Light grey would look good, perhaps khaki (although that's a lot of brown as well). Navy (as well as other shades of blue) in this case would work well IMHO. An amazing pairing would be those dark green flannel trousers that Spier & Mackay released in their flannel bunch. Matching a jacket with trousers is a situation where you want to harmonize, and not match the two colors.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  12. winghus

winghus Senior member

13. jamie411

jamie411 Senior member

I agree with @winghus, the jacket sleeves don't look short. The shirt sleeves are a tad long but not the jacket. @MattGuitar I wouldn't recommend going any shorter.

14. MattGuitar

MattGuitar Member

@winghus and @jamie411 thanks for the advice. Now I like the SC even more!

15. Willj

Willj Member

Hey guys,

Does anyone own the "navy brushed wool" suit? I just wanted to know what the colour looks like in person. I like that it appears to be a blend of a blue/navy on the website but I'm not sure if that's how it looks like in person (i.e. If it's just a normal navy). Also, is this suit from the new Zegna factory? Thanks!

16. skon83

skon83 New Member

Does anyone have a picture of the Blue gun check blazer?

17. Spex

Spex Senior member

With all of the requests for pics, S&M should take a page from Epaulet'a book, and start taking photos of their employees modeling these items outside of their storefront in the sunlight.

5 people like this.
  18. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

Or maybe like Luxire provide an incentive for their customers to take pictures in the wild. I'd gladly trade photos for store credit.

1 person likes this.
  19. Beav

Beav Senior member

Yes! This is a great idea.

20. colHolm

colHolm Senior member

I'm in.