• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My ecru has arrived. The perfect buttercream color I was looking for.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Peacoat came today. Ordered my normal jacket size. Fit is great. Longer than I would expect for a peacoat, but I like it. Bought this as an upgrade over the BR one I've had the last two years. Not disappointed even a little I got it. Looking forward to the overcoat that hopefully makes it by the end of the week. Super unimpressed it had to be signed for, with a detailed invoice taped to the box. That shit needs to stop.

MellonC

Reaction score
And did the size up fit comparably to your standard size in other styles?
No it didn’t. The arm holes were a bit large. However I liked it so much that I didn’t return it. In hindsight I should have kept the smaller jacket and just let out the center seam in the back.

shabbytraddy

Reaction score
Peacoat came today. Ordered my normal jacket size. Fit is great. Longer than I would expect for a peacoat, but I like it. Bought this as an upgrade over the BR one I've had the last two years. Not disappointed even a little I got it. Looking forward to the overcoat that hopefully makes it by the end of the week. Super unimpressed it had to be signed for, with a detailed invoice taped to the box. That shit needs to stop.
+1

Why are they shipping with pricing/contents plastered on the cover of the box? I get navigating Canadian/US customs, but other non-US makers do the same without making a tempting target for the box thieves. Just doesn't make sense, but maybe I'm missing something?

masernaut

Reaction score
+1

Why are they shipping with pricing/contents plastered on the cover of the box? I get navigating Canadian/US customs, but other non-US makers do the same without making a tempting target for the box thieves. Just doesn't make sense, but maybe I'm missing something?
This isn't new for me in Canada. Anything. And I mean anything. That I order internationally and that has more than a $23 CAD value has to be declared to customs and it comes with a detailed invoice taped to the box.

Reactions: 1up

junwei

Reaction score
New VBC Navy sport coat (no alterations) paired with recently dropped light blue stripe OCBD. Someone on this forum said the new VBC flannel neos are the best cut from S&M to date . I fully agree . It is indeed longer and more drapey. The VBC fabric is luxurious, and so soft can be comparable to cashmere . Love this jacket .

View attachment 1290767View attachment 1290768View attachment 1290769View attachment 1290770
absolutely stunning, what size and cut are you wearing?
now I cant wait for mine!

shabbytraddy

Reaction score
This isn't new for me in Canada. Anything. And I mean anything. That I order internationally and that has more than a $23 CAD value has to be declared to customs and it comes with a detailed invoice taped to the box.
Thanks for the context. Helpful to know, should I consider a move to Vancouver and pursue my childhood dreams of parcel burglary.

Poser Hoser

Reaction score
@SpierTeam

As the dust after Black friday is setteling i wonder if we can think about SS20?

Earlier Rick has asked if anyone has any wishes.

I wish for a cotton olive neo/high rise suit or atleast an olive cotton fabric in mtm.

Terry cloth polos would also be nice.
Anyone else wishing for a green summer (fresco, hopsack or maybe linen) OTR sport coat? Looks like there's a beautiful HMS green fresco available MTO (pictured below) but would there not be sufficient interest to offer this kind of thing OTR?

3demon

Reaction score
@spiermackay have been wearing a Drago light grey jacket for the last few months and I've got to say, it's awesome. I think you guys really nailed the jacket silhouette/lapel balance/shoulders. Big fan.

Question: are you planning to do a 'traveller wool' jacket? I am always on the hunt for a very lightweight breathable jacket or suit, and if it is high twist and doesn't wrinkle too much, that's a bonus. SuSu uses Lanificio Cerruti wool for this; might we see a Spier Mackay offering in the same fabric?

Also, any more plans for seersucker next season?

Keep up the great stuff!

edit: not the greatest pic but figured I'd attach anyways!

Attachments

Poser Hoser

Reaction score
Also, have any Canadian companies ever produced fine art pocket squares featuring Group of Seven paintings? Is it just me, or are the dominant colours in most G7 works the same colours that would look amazing in just about any sport coat pocket?

@spiermackay & @SpierTeam - I would very much like if any of the wishes contained in the above few posts materialize so that you can take more of my money.

Kangnamstyles

Reaction score
Received this yesterday and wore it out today. The fabric is indescribably better in person. Absolutely in love with the colors, pattern, and donegals.

Glad I sized up one so that sport coats could fit.

Wore with green SM t-neck, navy cord trousers today. The matching navy cord jacket just barely fit through the arm sleeves last night during initial try on.

Warmth was good enough for 40 degrees with no wind and just the t-neck underneath.

8FE1E8B9-D5E1-4269-A323-AF65DCED308B.jpeg7867D8D8-3189-48DB-A372-46565A38DBF8.jpeg87E21CAA-89C8-4589-A628-6F03D0F987FB.jpeg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 144 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 279 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 132 15.7%
  • 31 - 40