• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A.D.

Reaction score
@SpierTeam
I'm really loving the Botto Giuseppe mint green flannel, but would like it in a neapolitan cut.
Will it ever be available in MTM?

masernaut

Reaction score
Because the factory and the people who are manufacturing your clothing aren't as clean as you would hope?

THE MORE YOU KNOW
Other than chemicals... Having lived in China, soap and toilet paper is not an abundant commodity.

Did a #2? Maybe a rinse with water is all the hands need! Or........ maybe a rinse with air and a wipe on the clothes is sufficient...

EddieK

Reaction score
Cyber Monday sale 20% off everything again. Just like BF sale. Code:CM2019

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S&M jacket, shirt and trousers.

I've noticed that you often combine a light SC with medium/dark gray or charcoal trousers. It's a safe combination almost every time. As I consider you one of the best dressers around SF, I'm curious to know if you've made an active choice to not try some of your outfit with other dark trousers, i.e. navy trousers and if so, why you've made that decision? I can't but think that some of your outfits would look (almost?) equally good with dark blue/navy trousers.

Betelgeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that you often combine a light SC with medium/dark gray or charcoal trousers. It's a safe combination almost every time. As I consider you one of the best dressers around SF, I'm curious to know if you've made an active choice to not try some of your outfit with other dark trousers, i.e. navy trousers and if so, why you've made that decision? I can't but think that some of your outfits would look (almost?) equally good with dark blue/navy trousers.
Thanks man! I haven't tried navy trousers because in my mind they looks more like suit trousers. But I think at some point I might try them since there are some fabrics that does not look like suit trousers.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! I haven't tried navy trousers because in my mind they looks more like suit trousers. But I think at some point I might try them since there are some fabrics that does not look like suit trousers.
Thanks. I've had the same thought, but have as of lately thought that I might try it by using fabrics that have patterns (i.e. herringbone) or texture (i.e. flannel, donegal).

Cartwright

Reaction score
@SpierTeam
I'm really loving the Botto Giuseppe mint green flannel, but would like it in a neapolitan cut.
Will it ever be available in MTM?
Amen, if the sportcoat was neo cut and the trousers were high rise with extended waistband, like the grey and brown Botto trousers, it would have been perfect. Still love the sportcoat though.

On the OCBD colours, I think bringing back the green university stripe would be swell.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Finding distractions from grading. New MTM sportcoat in Minnis bamboo fabric. I’ll upload a better picture later, but bamboo (or maybe just this specific fabric) has very rich color.

29FA2879-1A14-499A-BFAC-D443AF780C86.jpeg

weissmenswear

Reaction score
that’s where the navy moleskin and more textured blues come in. Totally agree that anything too simple or event patterned tends tp carry the orphaned suit look.

Reactions: 1up

Hotel Cali

Reaction score
Is there a 'filter' or 'refine' search still available?

I was try to search for some size 30 casual trousers in 'contemporary' and it looks like every style and color is sold out. It was a pain to look through every item to see if size 30 contemporary was available.

Thanks.

Torzano

Reaction score
Anyone know if these trousers are a perfect match for the medium gray SC? The SC page only mentions the VBC flannel trousers from earlier this fall (high rise) as the matching pants?
Yes they are. I have both pants. You can never have enough grey flannel pants. Especially at that price.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 144 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 279 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 132 15.7%
  • 31 - 40