1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. sans1886

sans1886 Member

How long do RTW/OTR suits take to ship out?  I placed my order last Friday (11/4), got confirmation that it was received, but don't have any shipping info yet.  Status is just listed as "received".

EDIT: Shipped.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  2. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

hey rick is there a id number for the swatch you are referring to i couldn't find it in the downtown shop today

3. spiermackay

spiermackay Senior member Affiliate Vendor

ADM-1332. Mike called me asking the same. I think he may have showed it to you.

4. spiermackay

Can take up to 3 business days to process out of our warehouse.

5. spiermackay

Tuxedo shirts are +$30 CAD for a bib front. The poplin would be our premium poplin for $99, so the total for this shirt rings in at $129 CAD.

6. 02///M3

02///M3 Senior member

Just FYI, I have actually received packages from them (including suits) before getting the shipping notification. If your experience is like mine, they will arrive any day.

1 person likes this.
  7. flvinny521

flvinny521 Senior member

@spiermackay Hi Rick, sorry to have to bombard you with every question, but I had e-mailed your customer service department a week or so ago and never heard anything back.

I was asking to get the measurements on my MTM order. I wanted to see if they were closer to a 16 or 16.5 contemporary so I could take advantage of the 4 shirt bundle. Any way you could check on this for me, based on the second shirt you sent out recently?

Also, I have to say that I've had the same experience frequently when emailing. Replies often take quite a while, if I receive one at all. Maybe I am just spoiled by the awesome service you provide personally here on SF.

8. gsasso

gsasso Active Member

I would like give a big two thumbs up to the current slim and contemporary cuts. The contemporary flannels drape beautifully for me. I'm wearing them today and love them, butI would not personally want them and slimmer. I find slim wool pants don't always drape as I'd like.

The slim chinos are also great, and well suited to cotton. Any slimmer though, and they'd be uncomfortable.

1 person likes this.
  9. sans1886

sans1886 Member

Likewise on the emails...I probably would not have ordered if not for this thread.

10. spiermackay

Sorry, it's been a crazy couple of weeks. We have been turning through some staff and are a bit shorthanded at the moment. We are working as hard as we can to bring in some competent new bodies. We had hired a couple of people to handle CS, but they didn't work out as well as we hoped. I do have someone to catch emails for returns/exchanges, etc, so hopefully that is running smoothly, but no one that can handle general inquires or give out sizing info. Just Michael and myself at the moment to get to all those.

Based on the measurements I have for you, 16 1/2 Contemporary would be the closest fit OTR.

1 person likes this.
  11. flvinny521

flvinny521 Senior member

You're a gentleman and a scholar. I'll be in touch via PM shortly about the changes we discussed.

Also, are you looking for CS personnel to work on-site, or could this be done remotely?

12. dappercanadian

dappercanadian Senior member

Ditto, I'd love to do remote CS work for you, Rick! Wouldn't even have to pay me, I'd do it for store credit!

13. colHolm

colHolm Senior member

I like where your head's at

14. flvinny521

flvinny521 Senior member

15. facet

facet Senior member

Has anyone bought the brown gun check sportcoat? Contemplating pulling the trigger but was wondering if anyone had any experience with it

16. kickstand

kickstand Senior member

@facet I have it. Really like it. My jackets were getting overwhelming blue and navy blue so its great to having something brown. Unstoppable with grey trousers and with the other colors in the gun check it can also look great with a variety of pants even dark denim. Very versatile.

1 person likes this.
  17. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Can we get a navy gingham oxford similar to below? Same fabric and specs as the staple oxfords, box pleat or no pleat if that's what we are using going forward. I feel like I would get a ton of use out of an oxford gingham, I have a poplin and just don't love it.

[​IMG]

18. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I'm ready for gingham, checks, stripes in button down flavor. I'd love a purple and burgundy gingham and stripe OCBD. Make it happen Rick :slayer:

19. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

Just bought four OCBDs: three stripes and the gray. Looking forward to adding them to the collection.

20. facet

facet Senior member

Thanks kickstand. I'm in a similar boat in that I don't really have a dark brown, three season sportcoat so it does fill a void. I'm going to go ahead and try and order it by phone tomorrow (tried it just now but it's charging me for shipping for some reason once I apply a gift card. Plus, I'd like to arrange to pick it up in store since I'll be in Toronto next weekend anyway. It'll be a good chance to check out other stuff as well). Much appreciated!