1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Two emails went out on the suit promo, looks like Oct 17 and 22 from my inbox. Maybe try subscribing again. Your best bet is likely Black Friday for the next sale.

If you have yet to order a suit, SM offers free returns on your first one. So go ahead and order both and keep the one that works best.

This should help for future estimating on returns. https://postcalc.usps.com/

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  2. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Subscribe to the email list

3. sans1886

sans1886 Member

As I implied, I already subscribed. In fact, I have done so twice, and just now did so for a third time. If I recall correctly, I received the same confirmation as the first two times. Problem with the mobile site, perhaps?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  4. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Not sure about that, but the emails were sent out. Check email settings, or try from a desktop or other address? In terms of the first question, no idea on promo, but I'm sure you can expect something from SM leading up to Black Friday.

5. sans1886

sans1886 Member

Looks like minimum return shipping would be ~$45 USD plus whatever customs might charge. Ouch.

6. spiermackay

spiermackay Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Your first suit or sportcoat purchase return is free.

7. sans1886

sans1886 Member

I understand. Even accounting for the return cost of the second (if both didn't fit), I am planning to go ahead with the purchase of both sizes. The potential reward of finding that one of your suits fits me well is worth a little risk, I think.

8. spiermackay

It actually applies to the entire first order. So if you order 2 sizes and they don't work out, the return is still on us for the first time. We want folks to give us a shot.

1 person likes this.
  9. sans1886

sans1886 Member

That is very good to know. Sounds great. Will update with results...although it make take a while.

10. eggplantsplz

eggplantsplz Member

Sorry this might be a bit of a silly question.... if purchasing a suit from the 'suiting' section of the site, does it come with a pair of trousers? The description of the jacket does mention a pair of trousers, unhemmed with a 37"; however, there's no area to specify a waist size. Or do we need to add another pair of trousers under the appropriate tab?

11. quigleysr

quigleysr Member

Double post sorry.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  12. quigleysr

quigleysr Member

Yes the suiting comes with pants with a 6" drop, so if you order a 42 suit it will come with size 36 pants. You can check the measurements on the sizing page. If you would like a different size pant you can specify that in the comment section of your order and they will accommodate you provided that the requested size is in stock.

13. jeam3130

jeam3130 Well-Known Member

Does S&M usually have a site wide sale around black Friday?

14. spiermackay

We haven't decided yet what our Black Friday sale is going to be.

15. spiermackay

I know a few folks have been asking about the suit sale.

We started a $50 Off All Regular Suits today. $398 CAD, or the same approx $299 USD as the last round.

Use Code: SUITSME

Cheers!

4 people like this.
  16. sans1886

sans1886 Member

Thanks! Ordered two. Have heard ONLY good things about the quality of these suits, so if one of these fits, I'll be ordering a ton more stuff from you guys.

1 person likes this.
  17. eggplantsplz

eggplantsplz Member

Thanks!
    Any expiry on this code? Thanks! Even with a 50% off BR code.... I've simply heard too many good things about S&M to pass up. Going to purchase one and maybe a few shirts, see how they go.

18. spiermackay

Nov. 10th.

19. spiermackay

We update the email list about twice a month. I may have not been added yet. Also, check your spam or junk folders. We use mailchimp, which has a very solid reputation, but it happens from time to time that the email may end up in a different folder.

20. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Had 3 custom shirts made last year Rick. Been doing crazy cardio to get "ripped" so lost a bit of weight.

The shirts fit great before the weight loss but afterwards were not as fitted. So I washed and put them in the dryer for the first time and now they fit perfectly. Thinking of getting more shirts made. Just wondering if I should stick with the original measurements as once washed they seem to fit really well or do you advise to change the measurements?