• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

nqtri

Reaction score
So I received my suit right before 8:00 this morning, crisis averted LOL. There’s good and bad news though even though I only had a minutes to check it out before I had to head out to work.

I’ll start with the good:

• the jacket fits really well in a 45. I usually take a 46 in S&M OTR but I’m more of a natural 45 ad the 44 is too small and the 46 is a little too big. The front and back are very clean.
• The VBC fabric is really nice.
• The trousers length is spot on.

Now the bad:

• I opted for my regular 38 and requested the maximum 12.70” rise. The rise only measures 12” but that’s not the bad part, they have this weird bunching in the front. The crouch area is pretty bad and it also does a weird fold on the thigh area. My wife saw it right away and thought it looked very unflattering. It was hard to capture but you can see how there’s a fold in the front. I’m not even sure if that’s something that a tailor can fix but it looks bad.

Minor annoyances:

• The patch pockets are sown shut as someone else mentioned earlier.
• No VBC patch on the inside of the jacket.
• The trousers are missing the belt loop for the extended waistband.
• The monogram wasn’t included.
• The monogram wasn’t included.
• I asked for the left sleeve to be .25” shorter to a dropped right shoulder but I’m not sure that was done although I didn’t get a chance to measure it.

That’s it for now. Now I have to figure out how to deal with the trousers front issue. Maybe Rick or Tim can chime in on if whether or not that can be fixed.
View attachment 1280856View attachment 1280857View attachment 1280858View attachment 1280859
This is sick. Pretty nailed it. Honestly if you didnt mention the problems I wouldn't know. Now you mentioned it, yeh there's no loop for the extended waist band on mine too. I didn't remember thats a thing till I took a look at this summer's seersucker trousers.

It's a mixed feeling I know when some details were not done properly. Besides the pockets sewn shut, I requested button fly for my trousers but ended up receiving zip fly. But at least the fit you nailed it. Congrats!

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is sick. Pretty nailed it. Honestly if you didnt mention the problems I wouldn't know. Now you mentioned it, yeh there's no loop for the extended waist band on mine too. I didn't remember thats a thing till I took a look at this summer's seersucker trousers.

It's a mixed feeling I know when some details were not done properly. Besides the pockets sewn shut, I requested button fly for my trousers but ended up receiving zip fly. But at least the fit you nailed it. Congrats!
Thanks, I couldn't agree more, the jacket is spot on and I love the fabric. The trousers issue would be more obvious in person with the jacket off. My wife noticed it before me and was like the pants are weird but she couldn't really explain why. I'm looking forward to having my tailor take a look at them.

The button fly situation sucks, I always feel it's a gamble whenever you have to include notes regarding a change that's not a selectable option. As far as the belt loop, I just assumed that they would be just like the OTR Neapolitan trousers. Not 100% sure if that's the case though.

SJR3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does 130s wool even work for a standalone sportcoat or that is suited more toward a full suit? My guess is not because the smoothness of the fabric would make it look weird if not accompanied by trousers of the same cloth

View attachment 1281269
Super 130s midnight navy twill with no variegation at all sounds like strictly suit fabric. I wouldn't do a standalone jacket with that.

Last edited:

david.flo

Reaction score
Does 130s wool even work for a standalone sportcoat or that is suited more toward a full suit? My guess is not because the smoothness of the fabric would make it look weird if not accompanied by trousers of the same cloth
I little bit of exaggeration but the cloth itself scream suit. 😉
Now, you can make the jacket less formal and I guess it would be more like a travel jacket.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 136 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 254 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.8%
  • 31 - 40