• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

dluce76

Reaction score
MTO jacket.
Dropped sizes from 46 OTR to 45 for a slightly reduced chest (which looks the same from the front, but cleans up the back). Extended the shoulder to 20" which helped out with the shoulder divots.
Ignore the sleeves, shirt sleeve is too short and my normal shirts show 1/4" below the jacket.

Thoughts?

IMG_20191114_085826.jpg

Nemesis_4

Reaction score
MTO jacket.
Dropped sizes from 46 OTR to 45 for a slightly reduced chest (which looks the same from the front, but cleans up the back). Extended the shoulder to 20" which helped out with the shoulder divots.
Ignore the sleeves, shirt sleeve is too short and my normal shirts show 1/4" below the jacket.

Thoughts?

View attachment 1279441
Looks pretty spot on, nice work

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MTO jacket.

Thoughts?

View attachment 1279441
looks great to me!

nqtri

Reaction score
MTO jacket.

Thoughts?

View attachment 1279441
Spot on. I wish I went down 1 size in chest from OTR, would save me the trouble of taking the back in again later. Now I know. Mine will be arriving tomorrow.

nqtri

Reaction score
I gotta jump on those high rise cord trousers thanks to @Burzan but pretty in between the brown and undyed white. @Burzan, I remember you mentioned you also got the undyed whit trouser, any real life pic coming soon?

Edit: I like the white but think the brown will be more versatile and harder to mess up with stain

Betelgeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MTO jacket.

Thoughts?

View attachment 1279441
Looks like you just nailed your fit.

callmematthew

Reaction score
Having placed a few separate orders this week, should I be concerned they're shipping out of order? I'm dreading an OOS email.

Marshdrifter

Reaction score
No fit pics of 5-pocket cords yet? C'mon guys, I am anxious to see if I made the right call in terms of sizing...
Mine arrived today. I've been trying to take a selfie with them, but my apartment is dark and cluttered; all the photos turn out like the unhelpful one below.

I basically wear slim 30W trousers in most brands, including a couple from S&M and BB Red Fleece (my OTR go-to for fit). I think these are a little more trim in the bum than the older model S&M slim khakis that I have, but a little more generous in the thigh. They're a little long for me, but I'm going to give them a wash before I having them hemmed. Otherwise, I think they fit pretty well for a 5-pocket style.

I tried them on a couple of hours ago and haven't taken them off yet. The tag is still attached to the belt loop.

2019-11-14 18.23.56.jpg

cahnua

Reaction score
MTO jacket.

Thoughts?

View attachment 1279441
Which fabric is this? Looks great!

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I gotta jump on those high rise cord trousers thanks to @Burzan but pretty in between the brown and undyed white. @Burzan, I remember you mentioned you also got the undyed whit trouser, any real life pic coming soon?

Edit: I like the white but think the brown will be more versatile and harder to mess up with stain
I got you

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last year's olive DB overcoat on top of my fancy schmancy outfit from Martin Fisher tailors in Vancouver. Ivory dinner jacket + custom dress shirt and black trousers. Chipp2 black grenadine tie. Overcoat rumpled up my jacket lapel a bit in this shot.

20191114_230148.jpg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.