• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ebichuman

Reaction score
I‘m sorry, but at least in these two pictures, they don’t look flattering. They appear top heavy and too tight.

colHolm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I‘m sorry, but at least in these two pictures, they don’t look flattering. They appear top heavy and too tight.
That's fair. They feel roomier, but I agree drape could be better. More room in the knee and a wider opening would improve the proportions.

Thanks for showing us how they turned out. It’s a gorgeous fabric, and you’ll be wearing those for years!
First order. Gotta expect some things to adjust on the next go around, right? Thanks!

Ebichuman

Reaction score
That's fair. They feel roomier, but I agree drape could be better. More room in the knee and a wider opening would improve the proportions.

First order. Gotta expect some things to adjust on the next go around, right? Thanks!
No doubt. Plus, perhaps this could be remedied by letting them out in a couple of places? If you don’t feel too constricted, this might just do the trick.

SJR3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It feels alright in the thigh. I added an inch and a half to there, and 2.5" to the hips over my OTR. I think in my next order I may add a bit more to both hip and thigh.

The direct lighting isn't doing me any favours with the shadows either haha
Cool. Overall they look good. Backside is draping especially cleanly, which can be difficult to achieve.

colHolm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No doubt. Plus, perhaps this could be remedied by letting them out in a couple of places? If you don’t feel too constricted, this might just do the trick.
Cool. Overall they look good. Backside is draping especially cleanly, which can be difficult to achieve.
There's room to let out a half inch on each hip, and I will let the seat out a bit too. Hopefully that helps with the pocket area and for the pleat to hang a little better. Thanks for the feedback.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received the notification email that my MTO suit was being shipped on Monday. Unfortunately, it’s still in pre-shipment status according to the tracking number. From experience, I know that doesn’t really mean that package is not moving but was wondering if anyone else have had the same experience with S&M packages lately.

nqtri

Reaction score
I received the notification email that my MTO suit was being shipped on Monday. Unfortunately, it’s still in pre-shipment status according to the tracking number. From experience, I know that doesn’t really mean that package is not moving but was wondering if anyone else have had the same experience with S&M packages lately.
To my surprise, I got the email about my MTO suit too on Monday and expected delivery day is this Friday. Usually that takes around 10 days :rotflmao:

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To my surprise, I got the email about my MTO suit too on Monday and expected delivery day is this Friday. Usually that takes around 10 days :rotflmao:
That’s great! I’m in New York and usually receive my package 2-3 from the shipping email. Hopefully it’ll turn up tomorrow.

nqtri

Reaction score
Hot damn, the cableknits are probably one of the nicest I've ever handled, so soft and hefty at the same time. Turned out the taupe works better for my closet than the cream, opposite to what I expected. Will be returning the cream and probably pick up the grey one during BF or something. These are damn fine and worth the price!

Size-wise I think these are spot on TTS without hugging the body too much, and a tad larger than the regular one I got last season.

74272995_795735550855976_3370021693392158720_n.jpg

SJR3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll post some proper photos soon. The length is fine.
If I may be blunt, I think what folks are getting at is that your new MTM pants make your legs look short/fat, while they otherwise do not in your other fit pics.

Contango

Reaction score
Going to order my first custom order shirt from the website now we can order directly from Australia. If I’m taking measurements from another shirt should I add a bit extra in the sleeve for shrinkage, or would @spiermackay do that for me?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%
  • 31 - 40