• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ladislav

Reaction score
Hi guys I’d like to ask you about some fitting matter. In particular, I’m wondering about what size of a suit/sportcoat to pick. I own one suit from Suitsupply. It’s Napoli(regular) in 50 size. More or less I can fit well into this, however I noticed that this cut has slightly bigger dimensions than 40R from SM. I also own few jackets in Havana cut in 50. Chest is my biggest problem as I have almost 105 cm circumference. I live overseas, hence no easy return.
Thanks

dluce76

Reaction score
@spiermackay RE MTO, just a clarification, is the wait time the amount it takes to make the piece (and then shipping to Canada and then to my house is after the 4-6 week window), or is it inclusive of the amount of time to have it arrive at my door?

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I’d like to ask you about some fitting matter. In particular, I’m wondering about what size of a suit/sportcoat to pick. I own one suit from Suitsupply. It’s Napoli(regular) in 50 size. More or less I can fit well into this, however I noticed that this cut has slightly bigger dimensions than 40R from SM. I also own few jackets in Havana cut in 50. Chest is my biggest problem as I have almost 105 cm circumference. I live overseas, hence no easy return.
Thanks
Good question. I think you’ll fit Spier and Mackay 40—in contemporary, NOT slim. It will fit looser than the Havana in the chest and waist.

I wear 48/38 SuitSupply and have the same issue as you: Napoli is comfortable, and Havana or Lazio looks good but Is tight in the chest.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found Spier last week and really love what I see. I ordered about 16 items that are on the way. Really hope they turn out as I expected because I'd like to order a lot more.
Dude, where have you been? You used to post about Polo all the time, and then you disappeared!

Ladislav

Reaction score
S&M jacket and trousers!

Hi there,
could You possibly tell us, what size of the sport coat are You wearing? I’m struggling for finding a proper size for me and I guess, this could help(eventually your body measurements).

Regards

Betelgeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
could You possibly tell us, what size of the sport coat are You wearing? I’m struggling for finding a proper size for me and I guess, this could help(eventually your body measurements).

Regards
I wear a 44L. I have a 43.5" chest, 19" shoulders, 35.5" waist (I'm teh fat right now) and sleeves shortened to 26". I'm 6'1" or 185 cm. Hope that helps.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude, where have you been? You used to post about Polo all the time, and then you disappeared!
Ha, I know! I got busy for a few years working remote and was wearing t shirts and jeans most days. Recent lifestyle change and opening an office has me redoing my entire wardrobe now and getting back into things. Surprised you remembered, ha.

Rotbart

Reaction score
Is it against the rules to button the top two on a three button jacket? I think those ads have been around a while though. The middle one looks like something I've admired before.

Proleet

Reaction score
Does anyone have any photo from the dark brown or green merino sweaters? The colors look so light in the product shot so am wondering what to expect...

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is it against the rules to button the top two on a three button jacket? I think those ads have been around a while though. The middle one looks like something I've admired before.
The 3-roll-2 jackets can be buttoned on the top, but they were designed to be worn like a two button. When three button jackets went out of style (back in the 50s?), guys started pressing the lapels to hide the top buttons.
No, it's not wrong, it's just not how Spier built them to be worn.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.