1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. spiermackay

spiermackay Well-Known Member

Sportcoats Available in store now! Online early next week!

$298. 100% Australian Merino Wool. Half Canvas. Bemberg Lining. Horn Buttons. 3 roll 2 buttoning, Patch Pockets, Barchetta Chest Pocket.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Siepi

Siepi Active Member

Are the sportcoats also only available in Regular lengths, as with your suits?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  3. spiermackay

For this first release yes. Were you looking for Longs or Shorts?

4. Siepi

Siepi Active Member

Thanks! I'm looking for Longs.

5. Ebichuman

Ebichuman Well-Known Member

Sweet! Numbers four and five look very promising. :nodding:

Rick, I'll try to make it to the store tomorrow, maybe I'll see you.

6. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in shorts.

7. zinc2162

zinc2162 Well-Known Member

I like the last one.

8. Bespooky

Bespooky Member

Nice sportcoats. Do you guys do custom as well? Price range?

9. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

I re visited this shirt. It's not transparent unless you're a extremely pastey white man

10. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to those OCBDs? Are they still in the works?

11. Vasco

Vasco Well-Known Member

Thanks for letting me know. I am bit pastey.

1 person likes this.
  12. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

I like number 2 and number 5. Do you guys think smaller or thinner checks work better for a slim person?

13. spiermackay

We do custom. Sportcoats start at $445 for a Half-Canvas.

In production right now. Should have a timeline on delivery in about a week. It's a small test group which we will be rolling out first.

14. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update! I've worn a hole in the elbow of my trusty Uniqlo OCBD and I've been itching for an upgrade.

15. yanagi

yanagi Well-Known Member

I just pulled the trigger on a 38 solid navy blazer. I was a bit hesitant at first because (in my limited experience) it looked a bit like an "orphaned suit jacket," but half-canvas at CAD 199 / ~174 USD is hard to beat. It looks like that was the last one in stock, so I guess that's another plus :)

16. variancelog

variancelog Well-Known Member

After a bit of a wait my first shirt shipped today and should arrive next week. Can't wait to see how it turned out, especially the collar!

I'd like to try the MTM suit option as well but not sure how well that works without the benefit of in person measurements & fittings. I've had a jacket and trousers made locally, and even with the benefit of in person fittings I'm not 100% happy with either. No one nearby seems to offer the elaborate bespoke fittings I see pictures of on Tumblr, etc.

17. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

Any chance of you guys doing a run of linen trousers for the spring?

Also, the balance seems inconsistent on those jackets, assuming you're using the same dummy for all the pictures.

18. LoKey

LoKey Well-Known Member

Ditto for the linen trousers. And, if anyone's ordered the new sportcoats, I'd love to hear some feedback about construction, fit, etc. I got the camel flannel trousers last week. It's more substantial than their other wool trousers with some changes in construction (e.g. split waistband) relative to their other wool trousers. I wish it was a bit thicker for the New England winter though. It's at my tailor's but I'll make a note to post pictures later.

19. Notreknip

Notreknip Well-Known Member

Agreed. I ordered a few of the most recent flannels as well. The fabric weight is borderline light for winter but I absolutely love the fit - particularly the slightly higher rise versus the Epaulet Walt and the HY Italians.

Construction seems on par for the price; far better than H&M, perhaps better than Club Monaco, but not quite as sturdy/refined as my trousers from the makers mentioned in the previous paragraph.

Personally, I'm going to hold off on the sportcoats for this iteration but I hope to be a buyer in the future when fabric quality is elevated and fit has been proven.

One thing can't be questioned with S&M: customer service. My experience communicating with this company has been excellent!

20. losrockets

losrockets Well-Known Member

How do the flannels compare to what you can get from BR Monogram/Suit Supply/JCrew quality-wise? Debating whether to wait for a sale or buy them now with the current promotion. I have a pair of mid-weight Barbera flannels and I'm imagining that these will come in at a similar weight, which is fine in TX.