• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

colHolm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MTO trousers and jacket order placed. There are these no-name herringbone wool/cash blend fabrics available for really cheap - the trousers were $138 and jacket $328 - got the grey for trousers and navy for jacket. Figured it would be the cheapest way to dial in my size before ordering a few other more expensive items.
I ordered the blue herringbone for my MTO jacket. It was done OTR four years ago I think. Really nice fabric.

dluce76

Reaction score
I ordered the blue herringbone for my MTO jacket. It was done OTR four years ago I think. Really nice fabric.
Fantastic to hear!
I couldn't believe the price for it for MTO.
Makes sense though why so cheap if maybe it's leftover stock from 4 years prior.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my MTO peak lapel suit in. Now I just have to pray for 7 weeks I didn't screw up.
I just started looking at the MTO menus today.
Wow, really impressed! Easy to use and understand, and tons of fabric to choose from!

On SC fabrics, the Harris Tweed and Minnis offerings are mind-blowing!! Great job Rick and company! Ima have to order up a tweed SC and a flannel.

Two suggestions
--add fabric weights for all fabrics (some have them, some don't) and / or some indication of whether the fabric is winter weight, summer weight or All Season. Rick and many of you know what fabrics are appropriate for what seasons, but I don't.
-- add a search by name field to sort the fabrics, because there are so dang many!

Haven't even looked at the trouser offerings yet. That I'll do while the game is on tomorrow.

Last edited:

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what is planned for this FW in the way of corduroy and moleskin trousers and jackets?

nqtri

Reaction score
MTO trousers and jacket order placed. There are these no-name herringbone wool/cash blend fabrics available for really cheap - the trousers were $138 and jacket $328 - got the grey for trousers and navy for jacket. Figured it would be the cheapest way to dial in my size before ordering a few other more expensive items.
How did you guys dig these up I could not

cyclemanic

Reaction score
Is anyone else getting a glitch for no shipping quotes available when trying to check out MTO sport coats? Just emailed customer service about this, but thought I'd check in here too.

SJR3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, will kop.

My concern was that the lapels look much smaller (and worse) on the website photos. Also the fabric appears to have way more texture and variegation (which I like) in the outdoor, IG pics compared to the website photos.

I know others have suggested this before, but here's one more request for more "real life", natural light product photos in addition to the sterile, studio lit shots. Both have something to offer in communicating the actual look of a garment.

ninzer33

Reaction score
So if you guys could leave me a grey peak lapel in a 40 slim until my birthday next month that would be great.

Seriously after being away all week and catching up, this years FW already looks fantastic. Numerous items will be copped. Well done Rick and co.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.