• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two new fall sport coats just came in. Do these look a tad long to anyone? I can’t make up my mind.

Also, tbh, I don’t love the extended shoulder on the Neapolitan jackets. You can see the divot on my left shoulder in the green tweed.

View attachment 1244910

View attachment 1244911
You won’t regret that length. It’s flattering on you.

Those pictures really show the texture of the cloth. Gorgeous jackets.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you get the drago blue and brown check too? Thoughts? Irl pics?
It is terrific IRL. Sorry out of town this weekend so no pics right now. Suffice it to say, I’m surprised that it has gotten relatively little attention here.

gianm

Reaction score
Having seen the pics, I feel better about passing on the stone coverts. I don't think I would have held onto them.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying out the MTO but can I confirm what I'm doing is correct way to measure inseam (from crotch seam to bottom)? Here it reads 28in which is consistent across all my pants. The 32 slim high rise on the MTO page has a 32 inseam, which rattled me quite a bit.

View attachment 1244965
No need to be rattled. Jeans, chinos, dress pants from mall brands routinely come with 32 as a standard inseam. Sometimes with 30 and 34 offered, too. That’s too long for me, too.

havensk

Reaction score
Well this sucks guys... I got my Birdseye suit back from the tailor on the 13th, looked great so I brought it home and put it away in the garment bag in the closet. Took it out yesterday to show my wife and discovered a hole in the right sleeve. Unfortunately I feel like this happened after I brought it home but I'm pretty bummed about this. I haven't even worn it yet. The moth just couldn't help themselves to the delicious 130s guabello. I'm going to see what a tailor can do to maybe patch it or darn it.

Just a PSA to check your closets for moths often.

Last edited:

Spex

Reaction score
Question for those of you who hem your trousers by several inches. Does your tailor trim off the excess fabric or simply fold it under?

I ask because I often see trousers in the B&S thread in my waist size but hemmed a couple of inches shorter than I need (I’m about a 33 in length). I would think keeping all of the original fabric would not only provide extra weight to help your trousers hang better but also increase their resale value if someone taller wanted to buy them from you. Just wondering what the typical procedure is.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.