• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore my light blue linen today...with a tie.
uhoh.gif
The collar roll looks great with a tie IMO. I imagine it was made to be worn untucked, but I wish it was a bit longer in the body. The collar was still a bit wonky when I took my tie off. Will wash and report back.

omgitswes

Reaction score
Just placed my order for a couple suits after seeing that email. Still waiting on my MTM shirt order as well, how long did that usually take for everyone else?

cloud82

Reaction score
Just placed my order for a couple suits after seeing that email. Still waiting on my MTM shirt order as well, how long did that usually take for everyone else?

My last MTM shirt took about 4~5 weeks.

gs77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been to the downtown store today. Congratulations, it looks great and location is superb. I often park in Toronto St when I'm downtown :). There was also a menswear shop on the same place before S&M, wasn't it?

Anyways, I was inquiring about your MTM sport coats, and looking at Portofino fabrics. And of course, forgot to ask...
How "unstructured" can you go? What I mean by that, how soft of canvasing and interlining can you use for this type of fabric?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I've been to the downtown store today. Congratulations, it looks great and location is superb. I often park in Toronto St when I'm downtown
smile.gif
. There was also a menswear shop on the same place before S&M, wasn't it?

Anyways, I was inquiring about your MTM sport coats, and looking at Portofino fabrics. And of course, forgot to ask...
How "unstructured" can you go? What I mean by that, how soft of canvasing and interlining can you use for this type of fabric?

Stagioni Menswear was here before us for 14 years, and before him was the legendary Lou Myles. So It's been good to menswear :)

We can do a fully unstructured if you like, meaning no canvas at all. Or we can use a softer, more pliable chest piece, that still has a little structure. The Portofino fabrics are beautiful. I'm planning on making one up for myself soon.

gs77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stagioni Menswear was here before us for 14 years, and before him was the legendary Lou Myles. So It's been good to menswear :)

We can do a fully unstructured if you like, meaning no canvas at all. Or we can use a softer, more pliable chest piece, that still has a little structure. The Portofino fabrics are beautiful. I'm planning on making one up for myself soon.

OK, so what kind of configuration are you thinking about for Portofino for your self? Unstructured? Little structured?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
OK, so what kind of configuration are you thinking about for Portofino for your self? Unstructured? Little structured?

I would do a soft structure. No shoulder pad. 3 Roll 2.5, 3 3/4" Notch Lapel, with an inner curve. Patch Pockets. 1/4 butterfly lined.

davidmross

Reaction score

I'm starting to think that this mid-brown sport coat would make a great summer piece, after a navy blazer. 

http://www.spierandmackay.com/produ...own_herringbone___woollinen_model_2_sportcoat

I also need some new trousers. I'm trying to figure out which S&M trousers would pair best with the mid-brown herringbone. Anyone have any thoughts?

I slapped down the credit card for this sport coat yesterday and can't wait for it to arrive. I'm planning to wear it as more of a casual Friday or weekend piece with chinos or denim. This will be my first S&M purchase.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what is everyone's opinion on the model 2 shoulders? Are they unstructured/unpadded like a susu Havana, or lsomething less casual?

Duppy

Reaction score
Hey Rick,

I made an MTM suit order last Friday with the SF offer fabrics and wanted to know if I could change the lining from full to butterfly/partial on the jacket?

Thanks

Last edited:

CMAc7

Reaction score

I'm starting to think that this mid-brown sport coat would make a great summer piece, after a navy blazer.

http://www.spierandmackay.com/produ...own_herringbone___woollinen_model_2_sportcoat

I also need some new trousers. I'm trying to figure out which S&M trousers would pair best with the mid-brown herringbone. Anyone have any thoughts?
I have this sportcoat. It is an amazing summer piece. I like that it is not too light in color, so you don't end up in a northern lights hole. Regarding S&M trousers to pair it with, I like it with the "gray mini herringbone" and the "blue self check". I have worn it with both and have been happy with the results.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not enough pics in this thread! Also where are the full canvass options on the website?

Rick, wouldn't Dion (a Canadian tie company) be a good source for grenadines for your shop?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads