• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine will be here this week, can't wait. It looks awesome.

Woooow, really making me reconsider my Harris Tweed choice with the green.

What's the best trousers to wear with this jacket?

Navy. And I’m fully aware of the anti-navy stance in the #menswear universe, but I think it looks great and can’t wait to pair it with my incoming covert cloth pants. Also with denim.

caschta

Reaction score
Need to nip the waist, among other things. It’s slightly large, but the shoulders fit me much better than the next size down.
Looks awesome! Really eager to feel the fabric.
Mine is still on the way, although the tracking doesn't work for overseas it seems.. :/

chiggyv

Reaction score
Still moderately warm in Toronto. Getting a few last wears of the Brown Bottoli.

Limiting myself to one sportcoat for FW and more and more I'm thinking it has to be something in brown.

Attachments

• 20190917_062214.jpg
    20190917_062214.jpg
    379.2 KB · Views: 128

Login

Reaction score
Is it possible to get side tabs on the ready to wear trousers?

ElliotG

Reaction score
Is it possible to get side tabs on the ready to wear trousers?

Rick has said as recently as this spring that for about $40 they can do it before the pants ship. Just add a comment in the checkout

bnd6xc

Reaction score
Quick oatmeal shot this morning. Oatmeal is about as accurate of a name as you can get— this thing is “thicc.”

Here’s a natural light shot that probably gives a more accurate representation of the color:

Waiting on a few more jackets to show up then might have to make a hard choice or two.

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
That's making me hungry

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick oatmeal shot this morning. Oatmeal is about as accurate of a name as you can get— this thing is “thicc.”
View attachment 1242448

Here’s a natural light shot that probably gives a more accurate representation of the color:
View attachment 1242451

Waiting on a few more jackets to show up then might have to make a hard choice or two.

I’m not in the market for that one, but that’s a beautiful fabric.

callmematthew

Reaction score
In reviewing the new core suit drops, I see numerous sharkskin options. I remember seeing that term in Updike novels, but, after reading up on it, I'm not initially inclined as it seems like a feature that can easily tipover into garishness. Can anyone explain the appeal of sharkskin? Is it as simple as shininess implies luxury?

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In reviewing the new core suit drops, I see numerous sharkskin options. I remember seeing that term in Updike novels, but, after reading up on it, I'm not initially inclined as it seems like a feature that can easily tipover into garishness. Can anyone explain the appeal of sharkskin? Is it as simple as shininess implies luxury?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads