• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

nqtri

Reaction score
I was hoping for a more traditionally detailed, casual peacoat like the one from Private White but I guess I'd have to wait a bit longer. The new ones look a bit too formal for my liking. I'll jump on the SB camel overcoat for now.

P/s: I also posted a VBC navy flannel SC and core navy suit in size 38 in the sale thread.

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you happen to have the navy hopsack from the summer release to snap a picture side by side comparison with? I'm curious on that shade of bright navy.
No, I do not. From my recollection, the regular hopsack looked darker and flatter. This one looks as if there are two colors mixed - inky indigo and brighter blue - but it's probably an illusion created by the weave.

NakedYoga

Reaction score
Need to nip the waist, among other things. It’s slightly large, but the shoulders fit me much better than the next size down. View attachment 1242134View attachment 1242135
Is that the recently dropped gun check that was supposed to ship this coming Friday? I received mine today too. Pleasant surprise. I will say that the color is more subdued than it appeared on my computer screen.

pickergc

Reaction score
Just purchased VBC High Rise Stone Covert in 38 Cont. & Slim. Do not want to take a chance on this beauty!
Mr. Hanchett please text me upon arrival! Safe and Fun travels!!
Did you just buy the 38 contemp? I checked an hour after they dropped and have been OOS ever since. If you decide to go slim, let me know!

varsityreds0123

Reaction score
Is that the recently dropped gun check that was supposed to ship this coming Friday? I received mine today too. Pleasant surprise. I will say that the color is more subdued than it appeared on my computer screen.
Yeah. The fabric is spectacular. A nice, rich brown with blue and black tones that will make it pair well with a variety of colours - flannels and the covert twill trousers, in particular. I personally think it’s the winner of the bunch.

HalfHuskyBite

Reaction score
Just want to know if you guys carry a purple or dark purple coloured cloth for a certain Halloween costume.

Jamesbond1

Reaction score

espen

Reaction score

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How’s the weight on that thing? Snagged it today, can’t wait to get it.
Definitely heavy and warm, 500gsm and fully lined (so, the warmth and weight of most overcoats). And HT is basically bulletproof, so my grandkids will probably fight over it (and I don’t even have kids yet)

Last edited:

varsityreds0123

Reaction score

hopsack74

Reaction score

NakedYoga

Reaction score
Yeah. The fabric is spectacular. A nice, rich brown with blue and black tones that will make it pair well with a variety of colours - flannels and the covert twill trousers, in particular. I personally think it’s the winner of the bunch.
I like it too. I live in the coastal South (US), and it isn't cold for very long here, so I was a little apprehensive buying a tweed like this. However, I think the weight is just fine to get some good use out of it from late fall through winter. It was the only sport coat of that initial drop that really appealed to me. The oatmeal was nice, but not really my thing. That blue Donegal is nice, though.

I'm now trying to think about what ties and pocket squares I have that would pair with the gun check. I'll probably have to make a few purchases, which is fine, since I only have a couple of wool or wool/silk "winter" ties.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.