• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just did this custom suit with an Eidosesque Lapel. Came out fantastic.
3 Roll 2.5, Wide Notch Lapel. Soft Natural Shoulder. This bad boy rings in at an amazing $649 CAD.

Full or half canvass? It looks great, very slim and relaxed. I'd suggest adding this (with a narrower lapel) as a stock model for those of us who don't wear any padding.

On edit: I see it's half. The front looks very nice and soft.

Last edited:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Full or half canvass? It looks great, very slim and relaxed. I'd suggest adding this (with a narrower lapel) as a stock model for those of us who don't wear any padding.

This particular one is half. We are thinking of maybe adding this as a stock. But as a limited run at first.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This particular one is half. We are thinking of maybe adding this as a stock. But as a limited run at first.

I'd stick to a more normal lapel width, I'm solidly on team "wide is just as bad skinny".

kbuzz

Reaction score
Agreed- that lapel is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too wide

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This particular one is half-canvas. This includes a house stock Filarte 110's.
What fabrics do you have for both navy and brown odd jackets?

Please no wimpy lapels.
1f601.png

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

3.5 inches being an insufficient width is a style forum creation.

In our custom program you can do whatever size lapel you want.

The sample shown was the customers choice. If we do this OTR iw would be be proportional lapel for each size.

dazedstate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding the tobacco wool/linen contemporary 2 suit currently on sale; how is the button stance? Also is this a good spring/summer fabric? Thank you.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Also, it looks like the measurements for the slim and contemporary are switched, with the slim being bigger than contemporary (for Model 2).

It also looks like the button stance is slightly lower on the suit than the jacket

brown-herringbone9177_big.jpg
Studio-Session-2184638_big.jpg

Last edited:

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The suit is beautiful, you can find some pics of me wearing it in this thread. I'll probably be wearing it again very soon, and looking forward to it!

dazedstate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The suit is beautiful, you can find some pics of me wearing it in this thread. I'll probably be wearing it again very soon, and looking forward to it!

You wear it very well. Thank you for sharing those. Did you opt for the contemporary 2 or the slim 2?

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick fit pic of the new custom SC I received last week. Sleeves need to be let out. Might take in the sides a hair more, might not.

Burke

Reaction score

Yes we are. There is a slight delay in the first run, should have them in April. This run will be from fabric we purchased from a supplier from available stock. A really great mid-weight for warm weather.

For fall, we will roll out the chinos for which we developed our own cloth. A really fantastic Mid-Heavy 3x1 twill made from 100% Egyptian Cotton.

Rick - any eta for the new warm weather chinos?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads