• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

DFWWingnut

Reaction score
Wow...this thread sure went hell quickly. Who cares what you drive or why you wear what you wear. I drive a pickup most days, like to wear sport coats and sometimes suits. Being in tech, I'm normally the most "dressed" guy in the room. IDGAF what people think...I just wear them because I like them. Do what makes you happy!

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow...this thread sure went hell quickly. Who cares what you drive or why you wear what you wear. I drive a pickup most days, like to wear sport coats and sometimes suits. Being in tech, I'm normally the most "dressed" guy in the room. IDGAF what people think...I just wear them because I like them. Do what makes you happy!
It makes you more memorable. If you're good at what you do, it just makes you that much more recognizable. If you're bad at what you do...

Luckily, I'm the guy everyone calls because I get things done, so it works out ok for me dressing up more than most. "Go see the guy with the bow tie". This is also why I favor more textured garmets and patch pockets; casualizes it a bit more than a worsted wool suit. Even if most people still see me as wearing a "suit".

hpreston

Reaction score
Damn, woke up and everything is going off the rails lol.

You’re partially correct- last year I was in between jobs and was working part time retail (clothing, but still). Career has historically been in finance with companies/in roles that required jacket/tie 5 days a week. Currently in energy- don’t wear ties as often anymore, but lots of sportcoats- especially in the fall/winter (still suits for some events). Additionally, I’m on a state board and wear suits for our quarterly meetings (and, really, any board functions/events in official capacity). Outside of that, my wife and I go to dinners/events where a suit has not been out of place.

Also, we’ve had 3 Hyundai’s (used to have a Veracruz, now have a Sonata and Elantra) and have never had a problem with them. Honestly, I’ve always wanted a Mercedes, and though I’m at a point now where I can afford one, my next car (sometime next year probably) will most likely be another Hyundai.
This is what I love about this forum. A question is posed that could be taken as rude. Then, person to whom question was addressed answers in the best possible way.

No, back to your regularly schedule S&M thread...

ElliotG

Reaction score
This is what I love about this forum. A question is posed that could be taken as rude. Then, person to whom question was addressed answers in the best possible way.

No, back to your regularly schedule S&M thread...
So for today's discussion...

What is everyone's planned first MTM order?

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly what kind of car should one drive to earn the privilege of being allowed to wear a suit to work? Boy are you a jerk.
You're exactly right, @breakaway01 --- I had to show ignored content to see what you were reacting to. I ignored that person months ago and forgot he or she existed. You'll be happier (and looking sharp in a very nice suit) once you do that, too. Have a glorious day!

The ignore button helps me edit my life in a graceful way.

Last edited:

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, i drive a beat up 2008 honda fit and sometimes a 2001 chevy S10.

My wife drives the nice 2019 SUV...

But I get cool clothes, so there's that.
Realistically, I’d like another Hyundai when we get rid of mine, but my wife has been on the warpath about a Jeep Rubicon, so I’ll probably end up getting her hand me down Elantra.

I’m adamant the Rubicon isn’t happening, but I was also adamant that we weren’t getting another cat this weekend, and, well:
ED8B4748-92A8-4007-8691-E5C9A4E880C8.jpeg

Now actually on topic, holy crap my black and white Harris Tweed is already out for delivery, that might be the quickest turnaround time ever!

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Realistically, I’d like another Hyundai when we get rid of mine, but my wife has been on the warpath about a Jeep Rubicon, so I’ll probably end up getting her hand me down Elantra.

I’m adamant the Rubicon isn’t happening, but I was also adamant that we weren’t getting another cat this weekend, and, well:
View attachment 1241885

Now actually on topic, holy crap my black and white Harris Tweed is already out for delivery, that might be the quickest turnaround time ever!
Pictures! I've been eyeing it

drfwtx

Reaction score
Neo jacket. Patch pockets. High rise trousers. Side tabs and single reverse pleats. VBC flannel in Navy and Mid Gray.
Dang. Might be in on the full suit as I don’t have any warmer navy trousers and my only warm navy jacket is a very tweedy, brighter navy jacket. Could use something that dresses up a tad more.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Peacoat Preview:

These are our updated take on a peacoat. We consider them an "Elevated" Version of a peacoat. A normal peacoat you can get anywhere from J.Crew, Sterlingwear, Army/Navy Shops, etc. We wanted something a bit more suitable to wear with tailoring.

We started with the same basic design we ran a couple of seasons ago but updated the fit and changed the collar. We're pretty happy with these. They are in the same vain as the Polo, but a bit shorter, different collar/pocket design.

Fabric is heavy wool from Zanieri, so should keep you warm and toasty.

10400-611-625-1-edit.jpg79944-80-809-1-edit.jpg

masernaut

Reaction score
Peacoat Preview:

These are our updated take on a peacoat. We consider them an "Elevated" Version of a peacoat. A normal peacoat you can get anywhere from J.Crew, Sterlingwear, Army/Navy Shops, etc. We wanted something a bit more suitable to wear with tailoring.

We started with the same basic design we ran a couple of seasons ago but updated the fit and changed the collar. We're pretty happy with these. They are in the same vain as the Polo, but a bit shorter, different collar/pocket design.

View attachment 1241939View attachment 1241940
FUCK YES. Gonna grab the navy!! Hoping the fit is better on me than the last run as a nice peacoat is missing from my outerwear collection.

EDIT: Quick question: is the collar firm/rigid to stay up while worn or does it fold down like the polo coats from 2018?

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Peacoat Preview:

View attachment 1241939View attachment 1241940
These look great- estimated pricing? And will these be numerically sized or alpha sized?

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.