• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

masernaut

Reaction score
FYI if anyone is wondering about leather source:

"The leather is all Weinheimer, except for the tan loafer, that's a new Portuguese tannery that we're testing out. The Suede is from a German company called Ohler."

I'm pumped for the suede wingtips to drop. Suede brogue cap-toe in the future should be dope!

Banks

Reaction score
Taking one more crack at this -

@spiermackay - Both of the below screenshots are the light brown tweed, with the jacket on the left and pants on the right. As these are intended to possibly be worn as suits, I'm guessing they're the same color in real life. Which is the more realistic shot?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Taking one more crack at this -

@spiermackay - Both of the below screenshots are the light brown tweed, with the jacket on the left and pants on the right. As these are intended to possibly be worn as suits, I'm guessing they're the same color in real life. Which is the more realistic shot?

I'll have to run to the warehouse and pull the photo samples to check. I can't remember off the top of my head.

Jamesbond1

Reaction score
As someone who owns both Alden and GS, boots and shoes, I totally agree with this statement, good footwear can be made anywhere there are trained, talented workers using good materials. I suggest the OP, @Jamesbond1, check out Grant Stone's website, he will see that they proudly state the source of leathers used in the footwear. They get the leather from places like Horween, CFStead, Comipel. Or better yet, buy a pair and see for himself.
Will do.

Last edited:

nqtri

Reaction score
Got carried away with the tailoring and shoes, but what kind of knitwear can we expect this season? Will shawl cardigans come to life? @spiermackay

Banks

Reaction score
I'll have to run to the warehouse and pull the photo samples to check. I can't remember off the top of my head.
Thanks. Not that big of a deal to go out of your way on this. I'll try them out regardless.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll give up wearing my suede captoes and loafers in winter when you pry them off my cold, wet, dead feet. As long as it's not pouring down rain I think they can work any time of year. Although I do end up wearing boots a lot when it snows.
I'm all about suede, especially suede loafers, but my feet get too cold even wearing no show socks with loafers to the office in the summer. So, it's suede and shell boots all winter for me!

I totally support others doing it regardless of temps

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Humblebrag
Lol

(Snuff, olive, and navy for the record...)

I think suede goes really well with flannels and tweed, as well as it goes with fresco and linen. So, all year for me.
This. I’m all about the importance of textural congruity, and this is exactly why I feel the nap of suede goes so well with the tweeds/flannels/moleskins/fuzzy fabrics of F/W

NakedYoga

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on the gun check pre order. Saw it last night, decided to wait. Saw it this morning, decided to wait. Took a peek this afternoon, decided to wait some more. Still available in my size right before bed, so I suppose it was fate.

Now to figure out what ties to pair with it... I'll probably need to pick a couple up.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.