• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
The dark brown suede pennies look great.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alden like, they are not in the same league in terms of materials used. Perhaps Alden like in terms of similarity in the boots both brands offer.
As somebody who owns both, I would say definitely in the same league, with better finishing and more stringent QC from Grant Stone. The difference in price stems from manufacturing country and brand.
As someone who owns both Alden and GS, boots and shoes, I totally agree with this statement, good footwear can be made anywhere there are trained, talented workers using good materials. I suggest the OP, @Jamesbond1, check out Grant Stone's website, he will see that they proudly state the source of leathers used in the footwear. They get the leather from places like Horween, CFStead, Comipel. Or better yet, buy a pair and see for himself.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Genericuser1

Reaction score
For the new shoes and shoes in general I'd suggest listing the width (D I'd assume but it should still be listed). Also as you make new models you may want to come up with names for the lasts and include a page on them as that dramatically influences fit.

sungmineyo

Reaction score
@spiermackay Any previews for this season's coats? also any other mid brown trousers are coming in? My apologies if these questions are already asked and answered. This thread moves too quickly for my blood !

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nqtri

Reaction score
Now not sure if I want the brown or the dark brown suede penny now that fall is already here.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.