• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back on earth, I feel like a bunch of the final-sale-clean-out-the-warehouse-drain-the-swamp suits came with funny presses or slight indentations in weird places. My chalkstripe had a few anomalies. Dropping it off by the tailor today, actually.

I bought a suit for my cousin's wedding on 11/11 before my wife bought her dress.

I think we must assume that several of the final sale items has been shipped back and forth and tried on by others. Maybe the FW stuff has been packed away in boxes. As long as the pieces are undamaged and dont show signs of wear i think we should be happy with the great markdowns.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From yesterday and today, maiden voyage for the S&M chinos.

3d0c42da80f4e1ea1d39c86717ca0cbd61109b60.jpg

Today

650e4537408f889c06c8445db0c77eb8d62e8baa.jpg

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's my experience with the 42R Contemporary and Slim jackets. If there's one thing S&M needs to perfect, it's consistency in product. When I look at the three unaltered jackets hanging in my closet, two of them 42R C and one of the 42R S, there's a visible difference in all three. One is too long and big all around, the other is the perfect fit, and the last one is too short and tight.

The measurements on the website between the contemporary and slim jackets have a very, very minor difference (something around 0.3"); but when I tried on the 42R Slim, it was a much bigger difference than the measurements online lead me to believe.

In a nutshell, there is no concise answer here. The best way to figure out if the jacket will fit is to order it and try it on. And until S&M gets sizing consistency right, you and I will have to order + return to get every new jacket right - and in my case - if it's OOS and I really want it, send it off to the tailor and hope they'll work some magic on it!

EDIT: The safest thing to do is always to order the Contemporary and have the tailor adjust it to how you want it to look.

Huge difference between contemp and slim. And I happened to be inbetween so I just take a slim which gets everything right but needed 2cm waist adjustment. Also contemp has much lower armhole which I hate.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think we must assume that several of the final sale items has been shipped back and forth and tried on by others. Maybe the FW stuff has been packed away in boxes. As long as the pieces are undamaged and dont show signs of wear i think we should be happy with the great markdowns.

Yep. I certainly am not complaining at that price.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Over on the Suitsupply NYC thread they're carping about the sweaty polyester linings, even in summer suits, and wishing for unlined or breathable cupro linings. Meanwhile, in Mississauga...
View attachment 1227129

I hope you kept them ignorant about the underarm guard as well. Can't have a horde of graduated Susu buyers ruining our beloved sale now...

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Huge difference between contemp and slim. And I happened to be inbetween so I just take a slim which gets everything right but needed 2cm waist adjustment. Also contemp has much lower armhole which I hate.

I live for that lower armhole.
Every day is back day.

ULCajun

Reaction score
We're working on expanding colours in the oxfords. We finally have an off white/ecru coming this fall.

Button placement by default now is an 8 button front (including the collar) and the second button 2" below the collar band. You can specify in the notes how many buttons you want and where you want the 2nd button placed (specify how many inches below the collar band).
Bringing this back up cause I’m wondering how F/W oxfords cloth will differ from last year if any.

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wild story. The Purolator guy just dropped off my blue pin texture suit. I took it out of the box with trembling hands and tried it on. BEAUTIFUL SUIT. And it has wrinkles from being in a box, because I haven't steamed it yet. I used my fingers to brush off a bit of dust and some loose threads. And it doesn't fit perfectly, because the tailor hasn't touched it yet. And I didn't measure to see if each lapel is identical. And I didn't use a microscope to compare it with other suits I own. Also, I don't look as good as @Betelgeuse or @dazedstate or @BeraQueezy or @induere_to in it. Well, not yet, anyway.

Am I crazy for just being happy about having this deliciously made suit? On cloud nine here.
Hahahahhaha

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads