• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
The shoes look very interesting. I hope they'll offer wide sizes at some point. Damn my ridiculous flipper feet.

Banks

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on Guabello brown texture. Excited to see what it's like IRL.
I picked up a pair of these trousers over the winter. The website photo is fairly accurate. It's a dark brown with grey undertones, giving it some visual interest compared to a flat brown. The fabric is very nice and softer than typical wool trousers. I really like them and wear them often. Picked up the dark blue version too, which is another one of my favorites.

Ezio

Reaction score
I want some good leather dressy chukka boots.

Just bought a pair of Jack Erwin captoes before the SM sneak peaks otherwise that boot would be in my sightlines.

exfalso

Reaction score
https://dieworkwear.com/post/187014735824/summer-tweed-and-slubby-oxford

For readers who don’t work with a custom tailor, I’m happy to say that Spier & Mackaywill be offering this fabric through their made-to-order program. Their MTO is based on their existing off-the-rack block pattern. However, they allow for certain adjustments — the size of your shoulder, waist, sleeve length, and body length. You can also choose the style of your jacket, pockets, and trousers.

Summer tweed through MTO, which I can only assume will be available sooner than later. I am more than happy with MTM, but I’d love to see what fabrics will be available this fall.

Last edited:

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This!!

If I could buy nice shoes at S&M prices for my clown feet, I’d buy every damn pair.
Yes! High Arches and wide feet kill me. I despise everyone who can wear suede loafers/boots with impunity (I have a pair of AE Sea Island tan suede loafers at home in EEE I just bought and hoping they will accomodate my high arches).

bmoredcstyle

Reaction score
The VBC medium Gray flannels are out of stock. I'm looking for a size 38, Contemporary. Any idea when this will be in stock? Thanks.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ezio

Reaction score
So odds of the online MTO system being up by Christmas?

Tim posted some images of a great double breasted suit online which really makes me wanna give that style a shot.

Screenshot_20190814-123745_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20190814-123743_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20190814-123736_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20190814-123740_Instagram.jpg

I'm wondering tho, if the MTO system is based on SM's existing blocks, does that mean that ordering a double breasted suit is based on the same block as a single breasted suit or is there a separate fit for that?

VahanJan

Reaction score
I picked up a pair of these trousers over the winter. The website photo is fairly accurate. It's a dark brown with grey undertones, giving it some visual interest compared to a flat brown. The fabric is very nice and softer than typical wool trousers. I really like them and wear them often. Picked up the dark blue version too, which is another one of my favorites.
Do you by any chance have any photos you can share?

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
I’m hoping the upcoming F/W trousers are available with the higher waist and extended waistband like the sondrio summer trousers. I’d like to change pretty much all my trousers to that style. Love how it fits and looks

Torzano

Reaction score
After reading another die workwear article I wonder if double edge stitching would be possible in mto. It would look great on a cotton suit I am envisioning.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.