• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

JFK-esque

Reaction score
Really bummed about the cigar linen jacket being cut big. Does anyone have the 38 contemporary and can comment (and measure) how big it is? My usual size 40 contemporary was very big on me

sobecane

Reaction score
Really bummed about the cigar linen jacket being cut big. Does anyone have the 38 contemporary and can comment (and measure) how big it is? My usual size 40 contemporary was very big on me
Is this a known thing? Don’t remember hearing about it on here. Might have to try it since my normal size isn’t available but 1 size down is

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this a known thing? Don’t remember hearing about it on here. Might have to try it since my normal size isn’t available but 1 size down is
Not a known thing. I don’t think anyone else has reported a size difference with the cigar linen—and a lot of people have bought it. Maybe @JFK-esque isn’t used to the Neapolitan jackets.

JustinW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big where?

Mine arrives today. I always have my sleeves taken up and a lot of fabric taken out of the chest and waist anyway. I buy the 40L for shoulders and overall length and have the tailor adjust the rest.

Betelgeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember watching @Ezio cigar linen jacket saying that was a little big in the chest. I bought it and was expecting it to be big in the chest, but it wasn't it was perfect. I just needed to take-in the waist 1", shorten the sleeves and that's it. Myabe it's out of specification?

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember watching @Ezio cigar linen jacket saying that was a little big in the chest. I bought it and was expecting it to be big in the chest, but it wasn't it was perfect. I just needed to take-in the waist 1", shorten the sleeves and that's it. Maybe it's out of specification?
I don't have the cigar, but there is a manufacturing tolerance range for each size garment I believe. Ezio's jacket is probably at the large end of the range or maybe a bit outside range.

This summer I bought a jacket in my usual size that I had to let out a bit. First and only SM jacket I have ever had to alter in my normal size. Mine was at the other end of the tolerance range. And the most recent jacket I bought was right back where they all (but the one) normally are.

BeraQueezy

Reaction score
I don't have the cigar, but there is a manufacturing tolerance range for each size garment I believe. Ezio's jacket is probably at the large end of the range or maybe a bit outside range.

This summer I bought a jacket in my usual size that I had to let out a bit. First and only SM jacket I have ever had to alter in my normal size. Mine was at the other end of the tolerance range. And the most recent jacket I bought was right back where they all (but the one) normally are.
Cigar linen contemporary was big in the chest and had a larger armhole than any other jacket I've owned from S&M (all contemporary). Note this also made for the sleeve width throughout too big as well.

However, exchanging for the slim corrected all of that.

pickergc

Reaction score
The cream linen jacket I've posted a couple times is quite a bit bigger than all my other S&M jackets, particularly in the chest and armhole areas. However, I don't find it to be unwearable. And I like the drape-y effect it has.

masernaut

Reaction score
Use your rewards to buy a gift card, redeem gift card to your account, problem solved.
Dam. That's smart. I thought I'd never be able to use those $5/$10/$20 rewards I stupidly redeemed and stacked before I realized I could have saved them up for the bigger rewards.

But. I still can't.

Because the minimum gift card purchase is $25... hahaha... ha...

masernaut

Reaction score
I've got the cigar linen in 42 Contemporary. Very poofy in the chest area.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.