• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Microcheck peak lapel from two seasons ago with an SM Copper tie. This is a French cuff white shirt, but it looks bluish in the lighting

20190719_163539.jpg

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I promised you guys some Fall teasers. Here is the first one.

We revisited the Peacoat, with the idea of creating an elevated version of one that will work nicely with tailoring. The traditional Melton peacoat can be picked up from a handful of places on the cheap. We didn't just want to make a cheaper version, we wanted to make an elevated version. We built off of the version we released in 2017. Changed the collar and lapel style, changed the pocket position.

Fabric is from Zanieri, our trusted Italian outerwear cloth suppler. It's heavy and it's warm. It's longer now to fully cover a suit jacket if needed.

View attachment 1209431
Looks great!
Yes it is. 2 colours.
Fantastic news! I bought a DB overcoat last winter. Wanted a polo as well, but budget said wait a year and keep the fingers crossed that the Polo comes back for an encore. Will start setting aside a few bucks for the Polo.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey MTM shirt guys. 15% off All MTM shirts this weekend. Including bundles.
Great news! I assume there’s a code. One question, @spiermackay: I know Tim or someone has my MTM measurements on file, but they aren’t available for me to see online. So I need to enter random numbers in every field and include a comment to ignore them and ask Timothy for the real numbers. I have no idea what they are. Someday will my order history be updated to include my MTM measurements?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Great news! I assume there’s a code. One question, @spiermackay: I know Tim or someone has my MTM measurements on file, but they aren’t available for me to see online. So I need to enter random numbers in every field and include a comment to ignore them and ask Timothy for the real numbers. I have no idea what they are. Someday will my order history be updated to include my MTM measurements?

A code would be helpful wouldn't it. Use Code: CUSTOM15

We have all the measurements, we have them in digital files, but the in store measurements and online system were two separate applications. We hope to get those joined with the new system in fall.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A code would be helpful wouldn't it. Use Code: CUSTOM15

We have all the measurements, we have them in digital files, but the in store measurements and online system were two separate applications. We hope to get those joined with the new system in fall.
Thank you. Order placed for medium denim with a soft, unfused Italian full spread collar and cuffs. Can’t wait to see the denim!

MisterrLovely

Reaction score
I promised you guys some Fall teasers. Here is the first one.

We revisited the Peacoat, with the idea of creating an elevated version of one that will work nicely with tailoring. The traditional Melton peacoat can be picked up from a handful of places on the cheap. We didn't just want to make a cheaper version, we wanted to make an elevated version. We built off of the version we released in 2017. Changed the collar and lapel style, changed the pocket position.

Fabric is from Zanieri, our trusted Italian outerwear cloth suppler. It's heavy and it's warm. It's longer now to fully cover a suit jacket if needed.

View attachment 1209431
What a collar! ??

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another vote for a heavier taper for contemporary fit. I have to taper every pair I buy. Far too large for my legs/ankles.

Or, an athletic cut option.

That would be my only change on the contemporary pants too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads