• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

pmestrad

Reaction score
Anyone have the Matte Medium gray suit? Wondering on the feel and drape of the fabric. Rick, any specific thoughts? Is it a workhorse suit or is the fabric more delicate?

rc121

Reaction score
Anyone interested in Cotton/Linen lightweight sweaters for spring? Same with Cotton/Linen knit polos. They are quite dry, but cool wearing.
Yes to Cotton/Linen or any lighter fabrics for the polos. While I like the SS polos, they're too heavy to wear during the summer here. I also have issues with the buttons coming undone seemingly because the fabric is thick and the buttons aren't large enough to stop from slipping out of the button hole.

DFWWingnut

Reaction score
Yes to Cotton/Linen or any lighter fabrics for the polos. While I like the SS polos, they're too heavy to wear during the summer here. I also have issues with the buttons coming undone seemingly because the fabric is thick and the buttons aren't large enough to stop from slipping out of the button hole.
I have the same issue worth the buttons

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone have the Matte Medium gray suit? Wondering on the feel and drape of the fabric. Rick, any specific thoughts? Is it a workhorse suit or is the fabric more delicate?
It's a normal 110's, just as good as any other. The weave it a bit different, as it's not a twill, a bit more plain. It does exactly as it's name suggests, offers a more matte look for your staple gray suit. I like it a lot.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have the same issue worth the buttons
Shouldn't be happening on this years version. The SS18 one has a bit stiffer lining in the placket, they used the same lining as the collar, and when the button hole was opened, it sort of stayed "open". This season, we changed the lining and seems to be fine. I rotate 4 from this season personally and they have been ok so far.

Ebichuman

Reaction score
Shouldn't be happening on this years version. The SS18 one has a bit stiffer lining in the placket, they used the same lining as the collar, and when the button hole was opened, it sort of stayed "open". This season, we changed the lining and seems to be fine. I rotate 4 from this season personally and they have been ok so far.
Yep, a marked change from previous polos - the current placket/collar is much, much better and buttons stay closed 👍

pmestrad

Reaction score
It's a normal 110's, just as good as any other. The weave it a bit different, as it's not a twill, a bit more plain. It does exactly as it's name suggests, offers a more matte look for your staple gray suit. I like it a lot.
Thanks, Rick! How about the medium gray texture in terms of how it holds up over time? Any personal preference between the two?

Betelgeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the trousers, didn't bought the suit. They weave is a bit open, so they are very nice for summer. They hold their shape well and drape nicely. I need to shorten mine since I like a little less break.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks, Rick! How about the medium gray texture in terms of how it holds up over time? Any personal preference between the two?
Both are about equal. Just personal preference. Both use the same yarn, just woven differently.

JustinW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have live action footage of the light blue suit or dark grey tropical? Thanks!

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last question - which will wear better in warm weather? Thanks, Rick!
The matte. As @Betelgeuse mentioned, this is woven a bit more open, sort of like a faux fresco, so it allows for more air to move through the cloth.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.