• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
Yes! to LD13521, LD19301

bc78

Reaction score
Another question for next Spring/Summer. I'm trying to pick a linen fabric to run as a suit as a replacement for the Tobacco we ran this year? Any suggestions? I was leaning towards a darker brown, like a chocolate.
Navy would be nice too

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay I should also mention that I would prefer high waisted (.5" higher than this years cut preferably), pleated (double pleated pleeeaaase!!!) for the linen suit for next year.

Again, green or oatmeal or burnt orange.

varsityreds0123

Reaction score
Not a fan of pure wool ties, personally.

Don't imagine there'd be enough interest to justify carrying as stock, but a black linen would be pretty badass. Other than that (and without getting too far into the weeds), the Minnis offerings in Sage, Cream, and Navy are gorgeous.
I checked out the Huddersfield/Minnis books in-store and was so close to ordering a pair of black linen Minnis pants. They would look so cool if worn the right way, I think. The cream is gorgeous and I have a pair on order.

JustinW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Props to Navroop in CS who did a great job getting chinos in from the downtown store and adding them to my order before it shipped. I’ve had several less than great experiences here, so am thrilled to give credit and hope this is the new norm.

gavrarabba

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Solaro? There seems to be very little talk about this one from the thread.
@spiermackay Goona try one more time, does anyone have info on the Solaro? There's been literally no talk about it here for months. If anyone has it can you recommend? Rick what are your thoughts? Thanks!

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay Goona try one more time, does anyone have info on the Solaro? There's been literally no talk about it here for months. If anyone has it can you recommend? Rick what are your thoughts? Thanks!
What's the question?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can you describe it? The pics vary so much i cant tell which it is. How's the feel? Weight?
It's a tan solaro. It's the same weight/feel as an all season suit at 275 gsm. Has a red backing that sort of comes through depending how the light hit its. Subtle herringbone weave. A bit on the lighter side of tan. Not as dark as the original smith woolens version.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
When Simon posted his article about getting fitted for his new very dark green linen suit, I was in. When he posted the finished product this week, I quite liked it. I know it's probably super niche, but something like that would be cool.

A very dark brown would be nice otherwise. Like possibly darker than the base color of the Drago Brown Slub.
Can you DM a pic of that. I asked for a Dark Green from the supplier already, I want to see the shade you're talking about.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Out of left field, any plans to release a Green seersucker neo?
Plan is there. Depends if I get cloth in time. We originally were going to go with the Solbiati, but their delivery time is crazy long, more than 4 months. So I asked Minnis if they have any green in their collection. They are sending me swatches next week.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Don't imagine there'd be enough interest to justify carrying as stock, but a black linen would be pretty badass. Other than that (and without getting too far into the weeds), the Minnis offerings in Sage, Cream, and Navy are gorgeous.
For Trousers or a full suits?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of pure wool ties, personally.

I checked out the Huddersfield/Minnis books in-store and was so close to ordering a pair of black linen Minnis pants. They would look so cool if worn the right way, I think. The cream is gorgeous and I have a pair on order.
Cream is so money. Interesting about going black strictly for pants. How would you think to pair them?
For Trousers or a full suits?
Only speaking for myself (some would be down for trousers, it seems), black would only be a suit choice for me.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.