• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same here...the only change I would make is bigger cuffs. I can't even wear a slim watch with mine so generally leave them uncuffed. I did solve it with MTM which is much better. Even a slight increase would help.

Betelgeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't go putting these ideas in my head :cry: You've got a point though. I suppose I need to figure out how often I'll be wearing heaver jackets underneath to determine what size to get.
That is important. In Mexico to be honest, I don't use heavy jackets, max 340 grams and thats quite heavy and would be used max 4 times a year. So I bought the overcoat for those days where the morning is quite cold and so is the night or when I go to states that can reach colder temps. That's why I went with my same size.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The cuffs on my 2019 shirts are bigger than in previous years so even with the button at the edge of the cuff, it now works. I feel like the cuff could be bigger for those that need it but the button placement moved in to keep the same size it has now.

conak

Reaction score
I’m 0 for 3 for pic requests, but I’ll embrace masochism and ask for another

Anyone have any pics of the honey linen/silk in full suit mode?

Irish

Reaction score
Any firsthand experience with the Gray Glen Check? https://www.spierandmackay.com/gray-glen-check.html

I wish it wasn't an unpadded shoulder, but the fabric looks like a winner. Love that blue running through it. Seems pretty versatile as separates. I'm surprised I can't find IRL pics here.

Thanks.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any firsthand experience with the Gray Glen Check? https://www.spierandmackay.com/gray-glen-check.html

I wish it wasn't an unpadded shoulder, but the fabric looks like a winner. Love that blue running through it. Seems pretty versatile as separates. I'm surprised I can't find IRL pics here.

Thanks.
The fabric is technically a fresco, similar weight to the VBC fresco trousers. We made this to be a bit more on the semi-casual side like a blazer suit.

JayDee90

Reaction score
For all the fresco wearers: if i typically run hot and am looking at a workhorse fabric for trouser seperates, would fresco be an option or would it not be as hard wearing as typical tighter woven wool? @spiermackay

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For all the fresco wearers: if i typically run hot and am looking at a workhorse fabric for trouser seperates, would fresco be an option or would it not be as hard wearing as typical tighter woven wool? @spiermackay
Probably about as sturdy a fabric as you could ask for without going significantly heavier in weight.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.