• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
ETA on MTO @spiermackay?

Wondering if there will be time to get delivery of a MTO linen suit, or if I should just bite the bullet on the sale honey linen/silk and tailor it (now costing me ~$150 to alter due to weight loss - hem, waist, sleeves, chest at each armpit [sleeve removal and reattachment]).
Even if we launched today, you wouldn't get delivery for 6 weeks or so.

conak

Reaction score
Does anyone have any real life pics of the C21 collar with tie?

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased the outerwear from S&M? I wear a 40R jacket, but I'm not sure if I should size up for the topcoat.
I wear a 38R suit and got the 38R overcoat, and the fit is exact. That said, I kind of wish I had sized up to a 40 for some extra room- as it stands, I can only wear a jacket underneath (no thick tweed blazers with a sweater for colder days).

Mine:
00F2DD5D-5B7E-4369-9C18-1A1E815A7D26.jpeg
0BEE95E4-993C-4909-BF2F-5831AF331BF3.jpeg

I also wish the body was a couple inches longer, but it is what it is.

tattersals always good
This. I have many tattersalls and would be down to purchase more. A tattersall with a Shetland sweater and Barbour is one of my favorite outfits, and I say this as someone who strongly prefers summer clothing.

c.bisesar

Reaction score
I wear a 38R suit and got the 38R overcoat, and the fit is exact. That said, I kind of wish I had sized up to a 40 for some extra room- as it stands, I can only wear a jacket underneath (no thick tweed blazers with a sweater for colder days).

Mine:
View attachment 1205311View attachment 1205312

I also wish the body was a couple inches longer, but it is what it is.

This. I have many tattersalls and would be down to purchase more. A tattersall with a Shetland sweater and Barbour is one of my favorite outfits, and I say this as someone who strongly prefers summer clothing.
Thanks for the advice! Seems like the general consensus is to size up. Now I wait for my pay cheque...

waiting.gif

madhat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay I’m going to keep pleading with you, please make cuffs that fit normal wrist!

I have a 7” wrist which is the average size, and I can’t close any cuffs. OTR shirts fit great and I don’t want to go to MTM bc of cuffs
@spiermackay please don't change the cuffs; they're perfect as is! My diver just fits, but it does.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay I’m going to keep pleading with you, please make cuffs that fit normal wrist!

I have a 7” wrist which is the average size, and I can’t close any cuffs. OTR shirts fit great and I don’t want to go to MTM bc of cuffs
What size?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

c.bisesar

Reaction score
If money were no object, I would’ve bought two- one in my size (38R) and one a size up (40R), to accommodate heavier jackets underneath. I’m very happy with the 38 though.
Don't go putting these ideas in my head :cry: You've got a point though. I suppose I need to figure out how often I'll be wearing heaver jackets underneath to determine what size to get.

Goodman

Reaction score
Have people been satisfied with the cotton/linen dress shirts? Are they running TTS and/or are they shrinking after a cold wash (hopefully not)? Lastly are they reasonably soft against the skin. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.