• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same here. 10EEE, so it's Carmina or Alden. AE would fit, but I don't really dig the style as much.
Do you have a high arch? I haven't tried Carmina yet, what last is good for wide feet, and do they do a G or H width?

chatelet

Reaction score
Do you have a high arch? I haven't tried Carmina yet, what last is good for wide feet, and do they do a G or H width?
You can get EEE in Rain, Forest or Detroit. Only Rain and Forest come RTW and styles are limited, but you could buy to try your fitting. Detroit EEE is not sold online except by MTO.

I have wide feet at the toes. Rain is okay, a bit tight at toes, but too loose at heel (it is known for this). Forest fits well - the wider part of the shoe is slightly further up the foot (ie where little toe is), which helps me. I find Forest to have a higher instep. Would love to try Detroit but don’t want to risk so much money on shoes I can’t return.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I swear this cigar linen is one of the hardest colors to photograph. It really comes across more yellow and vibrant in most photos I've seen but I think I edited this one pretty accurate (at least on my devices it seems that way)

View attachment 1198448
Missed my size as I opted for the honey suit first. I wish it would come back later.

pmestrad

Reaction score
Preparing for the MTO program. I am in want of a green suit, likely fresco. I am curious what you guys think would be the most versatile shade of green color to be worn semi-formally as well as casually. I thought perhaps something olive would be best, however, also loved the bottle green fresco I saw on their instagram. What are your thoughts?

madhat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Preparing for the MTO program. I am in want of a green suit, likely fresco. I am curious what you guys think would be the most versatile shade of green color to be worn semi-formally as well as casually. I thought perhaps something olive would be best, however, also loved the bottle green fresco I saw on their instagram. What are your thoughts?
Bottle green is beautiful, but much more memorable. If it were me, I'd be going for a duller/browner green, like an olive. I think the color would need to be on the dark side if you wanted to really try to push into the traditional meaning of "semi-formal".

JustinW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Missed my size as I opted for the honey suit first. I wish it would come back later.
If you posted a fit pic of the suit, I must have missed it. Would love to see though!

MisterrLovely

Reaction score
Polos are on sale for $20 each. If you don't already have a bunch, you should. This year's batch are even nicer than last year, too.
The LS polos are nice as well.
Suit and shirt. Bring back peak lapels plsssss

View attachment 1198883
I've been watching a lot of golden age films recently. Almost every actor was in peak lapels. Really made me consider them for my next mtm suit. 🤔

dluce76

Reaction score
Bottle green is beautiful, but much more memorable. If it were me, I'd be going for a duller/browner green, like an olive. I think the color would need to be on the dark side if you wanted to really try to push into the traditional meaning of "semi-formal".
Agreed. For a suit, unless trying to really stand out, would have to say that bottle green is probably too aggressive. But as a sportcoat with off-white trousers? Phenomenal.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.