• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

flvinny521

Reaction score
What's the interest in 100% Cotton Basic T-Shirts? High Quality, consistent staples?

I know places like Gap have fallen off the map in terms of quality. Uniqlo has become hit or miss, or they poly blend.

If we can get a moderate V-neck, I'm in.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I wear 16 neck, and we're about the same height, but my chest is larger and I'm about 10 pounds heavier. The chest measurement on the large is what concerns me, I may have to size up, but then the waist might be too big. I'll keep my eyes open for them to come back in stock. If I make an order before my custom shirt is delivered, can you combine shipping?

That is not a problem to combine them. Honestly, you should be fine in the L.

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the interest in 100% Cotton Basic T-Shirts? High Quality, consistent staples?

I know places like Gap have fallen off the map in terms of quality. Uniqlo has become hit or miss, or they poly blend.
Epaulet made an amazing supima cotton V-Neck for a while that they now discontinued. Generally interested but subdued colors, soft and thin yet durable. Realistically though I don't need any additional t-shirts.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Price? I get my Basic T shirts at Express. Shows my build really well :):):):)

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Price? I get my Basic T shirts at Express. Shows my build really well
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

$15 - $16 CAD range. Soft, Medium weight. I had prototypes made up a few years ago that I still wear, must have been washed over 100 times and still look great.

cloud82

Reaction score

Can you guys make Henleys...? (looking around for basic henleys...)

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Polos should be here by next week. They run a bit on the slim side. but as they are knit, you only need about 1"- 2" extra room from your actual chest. For example if you have a 39" chest, the M, with a 40" chest fits fine. If you want extra room, size up to the L.

I personally wear a 15.5 Contemporary in the OTR Shirts, I'm on the chubby side for anyone who knows me, and wear a M in the Polos, though I should probably start wearing the L, haha. I'm 5'7" 175 lbs, 40" chest.

I think I asked but have you been able to compare the fit of the new polos vs the old? I am sure I will just stick with the large though because of my 41" chest

Would highly be interested in tees, in fact I have recently fallen in love with the Gustin tees after they sent me a free one. I can't bring myself to back anything because of the shipping costs, no combined shipping, and poor dollar.

Crew neck regular and pocket tees would be my requests, staple colors with a few fun colors. White, black, ivory, olive, navy, heather grey (preferably a triblend).

Currently eyeing this pack: https://www.weargustin.com/store/3305

I love the Gustin fit, which would be the determining factor as with any garment.

Last edited:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think I asked but have you been able to compare the fit of the new polos vs the old? I am sure I will just stick with the large though because of my 41" chest

Would highly be interested in tees, in fact I have recently fallen in love with the Gustin tees after they sent me a free one. I can't bring myself to back anything because of the shipping costs, no combined shipping, and poor dollar.

Crew neck regular and pocket tees would be my requests, staple colors with a few fun colors. White, black, ivory, olive, navy, heather grey (preferably a triblend).

Currently eyeing this pack: https://www.weargustin.com/store/3305

Fit of the Polos are pretty much the same. Chest was opened only by 1 cm, other than that, identical fit.

When I first ventured into apparel back in 2002, my first venture was into T-Shirts, so I have a good knowledge base on the process to bring a pretty great T to the market. I'm just trying to see if there is a void in the market that we can fill. Again, we're all about quality/value ratio being really high.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit of the Polos are pretty much the same. Chest was opened only by 1 cm, other than that, identical fit.

When I first ventured into apparel back in 2002, my first venture was into T-Shirts, so I have a good knowledge base on the process to bring a pretty great T to the market. I'm just trying to see if there is a void in the market that we can fill. Again, we're all about quality/value ratio being really high.

Hmm, kind of makes me want to try the Medium this go around since the shoulder and waist would fit better. I guess I could always order both and keep the ones that works best.

I think the US customers are maybe getting their fill from Gustin, Taylor Stitch, Epaulet etc. I do think the Canadians could benefit. The Gustin pack I posted works out to about $25 CAD a shirt shipped.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just reloaded w Uniqlo and Gustin tees (mostly the former, I like the fit, shorter sleeves) but there's always room for another Heather gray v, especially if its not some stubby shallow v. May be good for the Canadian customers though. Saw something about you considering doing your own shoes... Can you elaborate on the decision/details? Tbh from your target price they're probably not right for me or a lot of the SF base so this sounds like a Canadian market choice?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I just reloaded w Uniqlo and Gustin tees (mostly the former, I like the fit, shorter sleeves) but there's always room for another Heather gray v, especially if its not some stubby shallow v. May be good for the Canadian customers though. Saw something about you considering doing your own shoes... Can you elaborate on the decision/details? Tbh from your target price they're probably not right for me or a lot of the SF base so this sounds like a Canadian market choice?

Shoes wouldn't really be for the SF'ers. But we have a tonne (Canadian Spelling) of Customers that have poor shoe game and don't know where to turn for a decent shoe. AE and Loding are really the only thing that is decent, and most don't even know about Loding. We're trying for a high quality calf, goodyear welted shoe in the $350 CAD range.

We've been looking for a good supplier for a while now, but haven't found anything solid. We have a really good lead right now with a Portuguese makerr, so we'll see how the sample turns out.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoes wouldn't really be for the SF'ers. But we have a tonne (Canadian Spelling) of Customers that have poor shoe game and don't know where to turn for a decent shoe. AE and Loding are really the only thing that is decent, and most don't even know about Loding. We're trying for a high quality calf, goodyear welted shoe in the $350 CAD range.

We've been looking for a good supplier for a while now, but haven't found anything solid. We have a really good lead right now with a Portuguese makerr, so we'll see how the sample turns out.

The $2-300 range in shoes is really a wasteland for those of us in North America. The only brand I can think of that I have recommended is Jack Erwin, and those hover around $200 USD. I hesitate to recommend Meermin just because of the haphazard quality control and problems with returns. Just like the OCBDs, if you find something that is solid quality in this pricerange, you may be on to something.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The $2-300 range in shoes is really a wasteland for those of us in North America. The only brand I can think of that I have recommended is Jack Erwin, and those hover around $200 USD. I hesitate to recommend Meermin just because of the haphazard quality control and problems with returns. Just like the OCBDs, if you find something that is solid quality in this pricerange, you may be on to something.

That's the idea. There really isn't anything good to be had for a moderate price. But we won't do it unless we can get it 100% right.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads