• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shipping out of the factory on Sunday. Should be in about a week after.

27C in Calgary!!? We have snow piles outside our door still from last week!

Awesome news! Sounds like the linen and polos might be dropping around the same time. Will the Madras be similar timing? I'll need to get a bundle of madras and linens.

Yeah I think we had snow like twice all winter, it's been nice but very dry. We've been hovering around 20 for a week now.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Awesome news! Sounds like the linen and polos might be dropping around the same time. Will the Madras be similar timing? I'll need to get a bundle of madras and linens.

Yeah I think we had snow like twice all winter, it's been nice but very dry. We've been hovering around 20 for a week now.

Madras will be a week to 10 days after.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prices are already great without a discount. Try them out!

Otte

Reaction score
Hi Rick,
This might be a weird question; do you plan on having ginghams in a heavy/thick fabric?

omgitswes

Reaction score
Anyone over 6 feet have any of their jackets? Would like to try out a sportcoat but not sure how it'll fit since they don't have an long sizes.

Spex

Reaction score
Anyone over 6 feet have any of their jackets? Would like to try out a sportcoat but not sure how it'll fit since they don't have an long sizes.

I'm 6'2" and have a dark blue wool sport coat in 38R. It fits OK, but not optimal by any means. I've received compliments, and although it's too short for my tastes, I'm sure most people don't really notice or care, considering how common these shorter jackets are.

Nevertheless, I'm waiting to see what S&M comes out with in a long, since I don't really want to buy another shorter jacket if I can get a long one.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm 6'2" and have a dark blue wool sport coat in 38R. It fits OK, but not optimal by any means. I've received compliments, and although it's too short for my tastes, I'm sure most people don't really notice or care, considering how common these shorter jackets are.

Nevertheless, I'm waiting to see what S&M comes out with in a long, since I don't really want to buy another shorter jacket if I can get a long one.

All new sportcoats will be cut in Long sizes.

Anyone know how the Aiden chino is?

What's the Aiden Chino? Isn't that a Banana Republic Chino?

flvinny521

Reaction score
Are polos coming back? If they are, can you comment on their fit versus your contemporary button-up fit? Are they much slimmer?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are polos coming back? If they are, can you comment on their fit versus your contemporary button-up fit? Are they much slimmer?

New Polos should be here by next week. They run a bit on the slim side. but as they are knit, you only need about 1"- 2" extra room from your actual chest. For example if you have a 39" chest, the M, with a 40" chest fits fine. If you want extra room, size up to the L.

I personally wear a 15.5 Contemporary in the OTR Shirts, I'm on the chubby side for anyone who knows me, and wear a M in the Polos, though I should probably start wearing the L, haha. I'm 5'7" 175 lbs, 40" chest.

flvinny521

Reaction score
New Polos should be here by next week. They run a bit on the slim side. but as they are knit, you only need about 1"- 2" extra room from your actual chest. For example if you have a 39" chest, the M, with a 40" chest fits fine. If you want extra room, size up to the L.

I personally wear a 15.5 Contemporary in the OTR Shirts, I'm on the chubby side for anyone who knows me, and wear a M in the Polos, though I should probably start wearing the L, haha. I'm 5'7" 175 lbs, 40" chest.

Thanks for the update. I wear 16 neck, and we're about the same height, but my chest is larger and I'm about 10 pounds heavier. The chest measurement on the large is what concerns me, I may have to size up, but then the waist might be too big. I'll keep my eyes open for them to come back in stock. If I make an order before my custom shirt is delivered, can you combine shipping?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What's the interest in 100% Cotton Basic T-Shirts? High Quality, consistent staples?

I know places like Gap have fallen off the map in terms of quality. Uniqlo has become hit or miss, or they poly blend.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads