• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Kangnamstyles

Reaction score
Sadness turned to joy yesterday when I received an email saying that my cigar linen jacket in 40R contemporary order is not being cancelled after all. Looking forward to receiving it this week!

FlyingHorker

Reaction score
Has anyone had this happen to them with the cotton jackets? I noticed this morning that there was something on the shoulder and tried to wipe it away, but then noticed the fabric was actually fraying. Think this is something a tailor might be able to fix?

View attachment 1193876View attachment 1193877
Have not that had issue at all, seems like a fabric defect.

I'd ask for an exchange if possible, or a refund.

BeraQueezy

Reaction score
If it was not there before, it couldn't have been a fabric defect. As OP has mentioned, he likely grazed something abrasive.

FlyingHorker

Reaction score
@spiermackay how much cost would it add to trousers to add extra material along leg seams?

I let out the gnat's ass, as madhat would say, for linen pants and they're now comfortable, but some extra material would be great.

Would this be possible as an option in MTO?

Last edited:

c.bisesar

Reaction score
Have not that had issue at all, seems like a fabric defect.

I'd ask for an exchange if possible, or a refund.
If it was not there before, it couldn't have been a fabric defect. As OP has mentioned, he likely grazed something abrasive.

Unfortunately I can't recall if it was there when I got the jacket, but I did take one (terrible) picture when I first got the jacket to show my friends the fit, and as far as I can tell it wasn't there to begin with.

I'm headed to S&M tomorrow to get sized up for something else and will ask them what they recommend. Otherwise I'm headed to my tailor on Friday to pick up two other jackets and will see what they can do.

Worst case, green sharpies are pretty cheap, right? 😭

FlyingHorker

Reaction score
Pink Polo BD is dope, goes great with the green sports coat.

Collar is nice and beefy with some structure to it as well.

Surprised it's not sold out already.

I wonder if next year we might get some structured one piece collar polos if these sell really well.

*cough*

FlyingHorker

Reaction score
Unfortunately I can't recall if it was there when I got the jacket, but I did take one (terrible) picture when I first got the jacket to show my friends the fit, and as far as I can tell it wasn't there to begin with.

I'm headed to S&M tomorrow to get sized up for something else and will ask them what they recommend. Otherwise I'm headed to my tailor on Friday to pick up two other jackets and will see what they can do.

I guess I just don't associate cotton with poor abrasion-resistance, I associate that more with soft wool, so that's quite odd.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pic?

dhizzy123

Reaction score
So I ordered the 120s Charcoal Guabello suit in 38L a week ago and today I get an oos notification even though the website shows it in stock...

sid11111

Reaction score
I’d recommend not waiting on sales for anything that is more of a need (in the jawnz sense) with any small company like Spier. They don’t have huge amounts of inventory and it’s very likely to be gone in your size at the time of sale.
Unfortunately only the unpopular items go on sale and those have zero chance of returning again.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately only the unpopular items go on sale and those have zero chance of returning again.
Worth noting I got this SC (reasonably well regarded here) on sale, as well as my Neo Hopsack, as well as (technically) this shirt, with the 3+ bundle...which probably should be counted as a sale, because $45/per for a very solid shirt is kinda bananas.

Also, did I mention I kinda dig the white L/C blend?
FD158B35-9A4A-47C0-B5AC-C3320F52C727.jpeg

yungchomsky

Reaction score
@spiermackay how much cost would it add to trousers to add extra material along leg seams?

I let out the gnat's ass, as madhat would say, for linen pants and they're now comfortable, but some extra material would be great.

Would this be possible as an option in MTO?
I think the typical advice is to just size up, then take the waist in.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.