1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. reversible

reversible Member

So I just got my shirts in and wanted to share my thoughts. Loved the shipment email - I was like oh hey shipping confirmation but then I punched in the tracking number and it had already arrived! I hadn't even noticed yet.

I read somewhere that people felt like S&M sizing was a good medium between normal people and department store mannequins, but after trying it on I would definitely like to see a size more suited for the mannequin-people. I ordered a few shirts with some friends (collar sizes up to 16", all slim fit) and that also appears to be the general consensus. Mine was a 14.5" and the torso was a little big - though pretty close to the listed size - and the arms were decidedly poofy.

Still, I was very impressed by the quality and for the price the shirts are a solid value. Just wish there was an OTR option for (even) skinnier folks.

1 person likes this.
  2. spiermackay

spiermackay Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We were only able to get very small quantities of these Fabrics. Unfortunately no long sizes on this initial run.

Pre-orders will launch this week. Shipping first week of September.

All will be patch pockets.

We would love to offer more fits including an even trimmer fit. Unfortunately we are not to scale yet to offer that much depth. In its place we do offer probably the most competitive MTM program available in the market from a quality/value perspective.

3. mmmtttt

mmmtttt Senior member

The site is a bit wonky for sizing of sport coats. Which sizing chart should we look up for the new sport coats?

4. winghus

winghus Senior member

Will the new sportcoats come in 48?

5. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

I have been looking for a gray herringbone sport coat! Excited for that to drop.

1 person likes this.
  6. Chambertin

Chambertin Senior member

Thought I'd drop in to say, I'm very excited, having placed my first order for 3 MTM shirts. Just ordered some basics, two whites, and a light blue. I'm really excited about the fit. I have a big neck, close to 17.5 but I'm not as large as RTW shirts assume a man with a 17.5 neck to be. So rather than wear a Seinfeld parachute like shirt, I opt for 16/16.5 to better fit me around the body. Plus it gives me a *chance* of finding a 32/33 sleeve. The negative is that I physically cannot button many of my shirts, or if I can, it's lightly choking me all day long. Not surprising, my 50+ ties hardly get worn. Luckily, I've stopped buying them finally.

I had a great experience, I was measured twice, by two different sales associate, and most important they were very patient while I fussed over some details.

1 person likes this.
  7. fieldofdreams

fieldofdreams Senior member

I've had a couple shirts darted by you guys. Are there an other alterations that you will perform to shirts prior to shipping? If so, what are the costs? Thanks

@spiermackay

8. cloud82

cloud82 Active Member

After wasting some money trying to tailor OTR shirts from few different companies, I pretty much only buy the S&M MTM shirts now.
    Give MTM a shot~

9. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I'm 14.5 in the slim fit OTR shirts. And it's at the very max for me. The neck is perfect but if I gain any size, it's gonna be 15.

Start eating a sandwich and pick up some weights :D

10. reversible

reversible Member

@cloud82
    Yeah, I'll definitely look into it. I have found OTR shirts that work for me (TM Lewin and Gustin) but one lacks the quality and the other lacks the value. The possibility of getting both plus precise customization with MTM is very enticing. Maybe I'll stop my next time I'm in the area.

@7_rocket
    I admit, I'm probably at a slight caloric deficit. I had a workout routine going last year, but I've been slacking this year...

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  11. Burke

Burke Well-Known Member

Is it possible to send it to you to have done? Ideally I would like removed the bottom button moved to top position (with its stitching removed and steamed) and a new false button hole stitched at top - could you do that? And if so, how much?

12. Spex

Spex Senior member

I'm curious about this. Is this for a 3-roll-2 jacket? Do you have a photo of the desired result. I'm just wondering how high the buttoning point would look.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  13. Boyle

Boyle New Member

Hey S&M guys,

I've emailed your customer service team 4 times over the past week and I haven't been able to get my question answered. Only one of my emails even drew a response (which didn't answer my question). What's going on over there?

But since you're on here: the bundle price for suits on your website seems to be broken. I'm trying to buy 3 of your contemporary fit suits, but each suit shows up in my bag at the $468 regular price rather than the $399 bundle price. How should I make this purchase?

Thanks.

14. JT-PFT

JT-PFT Member

Selected a Harris Tweed MTO Jacket on the weekend. I also saw a new Hardy Minnis Flannel Swatch Book. How much are those suits? Any specials for SF members?

15. Boyle

Boyle New Member

Fixed - order placed. Thanks!

1 person likes this.
  16. spiermackay

Glad we could help.

17. spiermackay

Are you talking about the sleeve?

18. Burke

Burke Well-Known Member

yes the sleeve

19. Spex

Spex Senior member

Haha! I'm a moron!

1 person likes this.
  20. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

Don't worry. I was thinking the same thing you were.